[Archive] 2500pt Indy List

klemanius:

Hi guys, I need a critique on this list. The guys I play with are old hands and play regularly so are rather tough and my lists keep doing well but not well enough, im hopping this will do it but I’m happy for suggestions for improvements.

Lv4 High Priest, Hell Armour, Dispell Scroll, Hexacon of Hashut

BSB-shield, Black Banner of Zharr Naggrund

Rykarth the Unbreakable

15xAnnihilators,FC

15xAnnihilators,FC

20xCD Warriors, FC, Eruption Gun

20xObsidian Guard w/GW, FC, Terrifying Mask of EEE!, Warbanner

Deathrocket

Deathrocket

2xHobgoblin Spear Chukkas

Daemoneater

Daemoneater

3xInferno Golems w/Face of Hashut, Construct Weapon

2500pts on the dot.

klemanius:

No replies? I guess its good then?

richard barby:

its not to bad to be fair some hobgoblins as a meat shield and maybe more golems

klemanius:

yeah looking at it I could get 3 more inferno golems if I drop Rykarth, though I obviously loose the unbreakable which might be problematic without a LD10 character. Can’t really get the hobgoblins without loosing the Daemoneaters which are there for the counter attack.

Trimming every ounce of fat out (apart from actual units) amounts to 68pts which will get me a 30 strong unit of rabble or 2 7 strong baiting units of hobgoblins.

So options aren’t great in that respect.

Should I go with Rykarth or the extra 3 golems?

richard barby:

3 golems would be good . what lore on the mage shadow is good. fire is ok for the zero spell metal doesnt always work against some armys death is also good

klemanius:

Yeah I was going to go with shadow. Recon ill go with the golems, thanks for the replies. Gunna test it at games night tonight so hears hoping it works!

richard barby:

best of luck.

something i fine works really well is sticking the mage lord on a lammasu

and as a smal points investment 80 points gets you 5 bull centurs with an extra hand wepion 3 attacks movment 8 if you get mind razor on the there quite dirty

klemanius:

Went ok actually, played vampire counts. I think I’m coming out of the learning curve, which is good. Only downside of the match was my inferno golems getting off a charge into the flank of his black knight unit on the first turn and getting owned by his vampire lord with obsidian blade and the annoying etherial units.

Ended up a draw, we ran out of time but made it to turn 5, had about the same amount of points left, recon I could have pulled of a win though.

richard barby:

Went ok actually, played vampire counts. I think I'm coming out of the learning curve, which is good. Only downside of the match was my inferno golems getting off a charge into the flank of his black knight unit on the first turn and getting owned by his vampire lord with obsidian blade and the annoying etherial units.
Ended up a draw, we ran out of time but made it to turn 5, had about the same amount of points left, recon I could have pulled of a win though.

klemanius
etherial units ? your golems have magic attacks remember that for next time . find they work great with combos from magic ld as strenght spell and reducing enermy stats spells

Father Grumpmas:

With my rather limited 8th edition experience with CD, it appears that both size of units and hitting power is important. So I reckon:

* Get great weapons on to your CD warriors and boost to 25 models

* Just use one 20+ strong unit of blunderbusses

* Lose the special character - I know GW is hyping the use of them but they tend to either be crap for the points you pay or not playtested properly and be too good for the points - either way not constructive to learning how to use your army well.

* Get your Golems up to 6 strong - not cheap but they hit very hard.

Those are my thoughts :hat off