[Archive] 2K Army, building list before converting

grimsnikk:

Hello all,

I’ve been eyeing a CD army for a long time and after deciding to do a converted army I finally settled on the Chaos Dwarfs.��I wrote a list and I’ll play a game or two with my current Dwarfs and greenskins before I begin converting everything.

I’ve got a few WiP, they just need some masks and they’ll be done.

2000 Pts - Chaos Dwarfs Roster

Chaos Dwarf Warriors (50#, 510 Pts)

�� 24 Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 255 Pts

������Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield

������1 Champion @ [19] Pts

�������� Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield

�� 24 Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 255 Pts

������Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield

������1 Champion @ [19] Pts

�������� Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield

Chaos Dwarf Warriors (36#, 452 Pts)

�� 18 Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 226 Pts

������Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Blunderbuss; Heavy Armor

�� 18 Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 226 Pts

������Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Blunderbuss; Heavy Armor

Chaos Dwarf Warriors (24#, 304 Pts)

�� 11 Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 152 Pts

������Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield

������1 Champion @ [21] Pts

�������� Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield

�� 11 Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 152 Pts

������1 Champion @ [21] Pts

Hobgoblins (15#, 30 Pts)

�� 15 Hobgoblins @ 30 Pts

������Hand Weapon

Hobgoblins (15#, 30 Pts)

�� 15 Hobgoblins @ 30 Pts

������Hand Weapon

Artillery (6#, 60 Pts)

�� 1 Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower @ 30 Pts

������Bolt Thrower

������2 Hobgoblin Crew @ [0] Pts

�������� Hand Weapon

�� 1 Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower @ 30 Pts

������Bolt Thrower

������2 Hobgoblin Crew @ [0] Pts

�������� Hand Weapon

Bull Centaur Hero (6#, 286 Pts)

�� 1 Bull Centaur Hero @ 151 Pts

������Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield

������1 Black Hammer of Hashut @ [45] Pts

�� 4 Bull Centaurs @ 135 Pts

������1 Champion @ [36] Pts

Artillery (4#, 110 Pts)

�� 1 Earthshaker @ 110 Pts

������Stone Thrower

������3 Chaos Dwarf Crew @ [0] Pts

�������� Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor

Hobgoblin Hero (1#, 68 Pts)

�� 1 Hobgoblin Hero @ 68 Pts

������Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Heavy Armor

������1 Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the Cruel @ [20] Pts

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer (1#, 150 Pts)

�� 1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer @ 150 Pts

������General; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon

������1 Staff of Sorcery @ [50] Pts

Total Roster Cost: 2000

The list was made with AB so it seperates the champions out of the units.��Like: 11 warriors w/ GW and 1 champ

Anyway.��The plan is that the Hobbo will either go in a unit to provide some unexpectedly powerfull support, or on the side nearby to make sure he can charge.��The sorc will go in a BB unit, and probably have the lore of death or metal.��I’m just getting off playing Empire and I was able to use those lores fairly well with just a level 2.

I’ll probably end up making a few other heroes just for the modelling aspect, but I’m looking to get what troops i need locked in.

Anyways, thoughts? questions? critiques?

Xander:

Some quick observations.

-One lvl 2 wizard in 2000 points with no scrolls?
-Hobgoblin hero w/ gauntlets w/o a wolf mount?
-No Ld10 Hero as general???
-Up those Hobbos to 20 or 25 points, they’re dirt cheap and could use the ranks.

Nice list otherwise, welcome to CDO!

grimsnikk:

I had actually originally put the hobbos at units of 10, but upped them to 15 to fill my last 20 points. I’ve had pretty good success using super small detachments with the empire to force the enemy to realign. If my unit flees through or is wiped out, it doesn’t matter. 2 points a model and not generating panic checks? Isn’t that what everyone uses them for?

The hobbo hero was taken more or less as a totally expendable character killer and chariot buster. He’s like a little sucker punch. And at a measly 68 points I figured he could always make his points back. The wolf would be a huge help in him getting around, but then he’d only be strength 6, and he’d need a unit to go in… and then he’d be hitting expensive models instead of 2 point hobbos.

I will agree with you on the Ld 10 though. I had to take him out to get it to fit. The 2nd sorcerer too. I should probably take another with 2 scrolls, but I’ve been playing more armies with bound spells than Level 4’s recently so I figured the Staff would be more useful.

A quick check of the list puts me at 66% core. The rank and file troops for this army seem so good… how much is too much?

Btw: thanks xander for getting back to me. your models and video guide were inspirational in me starting this army

Xander:

I am glad to have provided inspiration! It’s one thing about Chaos Dwarfs that keeps me motivated!

Don’t forget to check out the rest of the Forum and the Wiki too! There is some great stuff there!

Master Vampire:

A quick check of the list puts me at 66% core.��The rank and file troops for this army seem so good.. how much is too much?
I'll have to admit that 66% is a lot, but it's better than maxing out on Special and Rare choices. In my opinion, there never can be enough Core. You need a minimum Core units.

As a Vampire Counts player, we got some useful Core units too, 4 out of 5 Core are useful (Bat Swarms aren't useful): Skeletons, Zombies, Dire Wolves and Ghouls. As a consequence, in 2k points, you'll often see standard Skeleton/Zombie, Ghoul and Dire Wolf units.

Basically there is no limit on how much Core you should take.

How come your Bull Centaurs are so cheap? 4 for 136 pts? :0 Last time I checked they costed 75 pts per model!

Cheers,
-MV

Slaver_of_Zharr:

where did 75pts come from? :0 the army list has them at 20pts with 15pts extra per command member and +1pt per model to give them heavy armour (so the most expensive single model for a Bull Centaur would be 36pts, less than half of the 75pts)

you wouldnt have got that points value of Revlids list or something would you, 'cos his where about that each?

torn:

lol 75pts that would be rediculous

it seems like a good enough list, doesnt have any immediate gaps, and if those are the tactics that have been working for you i can only say go for it!

grimsnikk:

Are you thinking of maybe dragon ogres? those are about that many points and worth much much more.

Alright guys, thanks for the feedback. I think these will be the troops that I’m going to build up as the majority of the advice to change has been hero related stuff. I’ll probably end up making some spares of those anyways