[Archive] 2K army

slannm:

I’m a long time lizardmen collector but chaos dwarfs have always interested me so here is my first army list, let me know what you think.

Sorcerer Lord: 275

Lvl 4, Staff of Sorcery

Sorcerer: 125

Lvl 2, Dispel Scroll

Lvl 2, Dispel Scroll

25 Warriors: 270

Standard, Musician, War Banner

25 Warriors: 245

Standard, Musician

20 Warriors: 200

Standard, Musician

18 Warriors: 216

Blunderbusses

20 Hobgoblins: 60

Shields

Death Rocket: 80

2 Bolt Throwers: 60

Earthshaker: 110

Total: 1996 points

10 Power Dice, 6 Dispel Dice

I’m all about magic, my 2k lizardmen have a 2nd gen slann who is insane in the magic phase. I guess my strategy is pretty apparent, hang back and slow down the enemy’s heavy hitters and prevent shooting with the earth shakers while the bolt throwers knock out hard targets that my warriors cant take on. The two hero mages will use fireballs or whatever to defend the war machines, the lord takes metal unless he’s facing a hoard army.

Malificant:

you wont get many re-matches. this is a very rude army that most people will not be keen to play twice.

wallacer:

The army is built to dominate both the magic and shooting phases.

Ideally you should tone down either your shooting or magic capability (probably both).

Based on what I’ve seen here most people would use no more than 1 earthshaker and 4 bolt throwers at 2k (and even that would be pushing it pretty hard).

The magic is not such a big issue as your shooting, the biggest problem with it is that it is going to be brutal in tandem with the shooting phase.

If this is a tournament army I would expect you to get low comp scores (which may or may not be a problem depending on how the tournament is being scored).��If it is for friendly games then your opponent probably won’t have much fun against this list.

My advice would be to drop an Earthshaker, 2 bolt thowers and a wizard.��Spend the points on something interesting like Bull Centaurs or wolf riders.��

The infantry looks OK, except maybe the shields on the hobgoblins, which I personally wouldn’t bother with (i’d rather just spend the points buying more hobgoblins).

51la5:

You wont make many (if any friends) with this list but if you want to make it super power full its good but here are some small bits of advise drop all the musicians and one warrior from each unit a character will be in and remove the shield from the hobs and buy.

a power stone on one of your lv two sorcerers

the black gem of Gnar on you sorcerer lord

10 hobs

slannm:

Thanks for the advice 51la5. I guess the black gem is to protect the unit if a nasty character or monster charges? If anything at least it could keep a mounted champ from gaining it’s lance/spear bonus if it charges. What changes/strategy should I use to keep my war machines safe from scouts/flying troops?

I AM THE AWESOME:

Ouch, thorek-level unfriendly.

How about a Bloodthirster and 10 Grail Knights while you’re at it :sick

seriously though, tone down the shooting. Spend it on hobbo wolves.

slannm:

Thanks for the advice guys! I’ve been running a 2nd gen slann since the 6th ed book came out, I’m used to not being loved. But since no one ever bought me the extra troops to make up for dropping his level I haven’t seen a reason to change.

51la5:

The gem is for giving you time to get your lord out of combat against anything big one last thing might be a idea to switch the staff to the Chalice of darkness since list that aren’t geared to magic defense can afford to lose dispel dice.

slannm:

I guess with all the extra power dice my list has the gem would be a nice idea I just re-read the rules for it and realized it could be used every turn, for some reason I thought it was a one time use item. Anyway here’s the revised list:

Sorcerer Lord: 310

Lvl 4, Chalice of Darkness, Black Gem of Gnar

Sorcerer: 150

Lvl 2, Power Stone, Dispel Scroll

Lvl 2, Dispel Scroll

24 Warriors: 251

Standard, War Banner

24 Warriors: 226

Standard

19 Warriors: 181

Standard

18 Warriors: 216

Blunderbuss

30 Hobgoblins: 60

Death Rocket: 80

Total: 1999

I AM THE AWESOME:

It is one use only:P

Malificant:

the chalace of darkness is not.��the gem is.