[Archive] 2K list(1)

Steven:

It’s been far too long since I’ve played, and wanted to get a critique on the list I am putting together. I’m not trying to build a rock-hard army here, just have a fun game. Otherwise I would be taking at least another two BTs and a second Earthshaker. :hashut There’s an odd number of BBs in the unit. I decided to skip the death rocket and give me a bit of casualty room for the BB units, because I know I’m going to be eating a lot of repeater crossbow bolts.

Here’s what I have so far…

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer Lord (1#, 300 Pts)

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer Lord @ 300 Pts

General; Level 4 Upgrade; Hand Weapon

1 Chalice of Darkness @ [50] Pts

1 Dispel Scroll @ [25] Pts

Chaos Dwarf Warriors (19#, 251 Pts)

18 Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 251 Pts

Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour; Shield

1 Champion @ [50] Pts

Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer (1#, 150 Pts)

1 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer @ 150 Pts

Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon

Chaos Dwarf Warriors (18#, 216 Pts)

18 Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 216 Pts

Hand Weapon; Blunderbuss; Heavy Armour

Chaos Dwarf Warriors (17#, 204 Pts)

17 Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 204 Pts

Chaos Dwarf Warriors (17#, 204 Pts)

17 Chaos Dwarf Warriors @ 204 Pts

Sneaky Gits (25#, 125 Pts)

25 Sneaky Gits @ 125 Pts

Hand Weapon; Extra Hand Weapon; Poisoned Attacks

Hobgoblins (10#, 50 Pts)

10 Hobgoblins @ 50 Pts

Hand Weapon; Bow

Hobgoblins (10#, 50 Pts)

10 Hobgoblins @ 50 Pts

Hand Weapon; Bow

Hobgoblins (20#, 140 Pts)

10 Hobgoblins @ 140 Pts

Wolf; Hand Weapon; Bow

10 Wolf @ [0] Pts

Hobgoblins (20#, 140 Pts)

10 Hobgoblins @ 140 Pts

Wolf; Hand Weapon; Bow

10 Wolf @ [0] Pts

Artillery (4#, 110 Pts)

1 Earthshaker @ 110 Pts

Stone Thrower

3 Chaos Dwarf Crew @ [0] Pts

Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour

Artillery (3#, 30 Pts)

1 Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower @ 30 Pts

Bolt Thrower

2 Hobgoblin Crew @ [0] Pts

Hand Weapon

Artillery (3#, 30 Pts)

1 Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower @ 30 Pts

Bolt Thrower

2 Hobgoblin Crew @

wallacer:

Looks alright to me.

Personally, I’d drop the sneaky gits.  Poison attacks are useful, but they don’t get their lap around ability in 7th edition, which means you’re paying points for an ability you can’t use.  You could instead spend the points on bulking up the warrior unit your general is going in, maybe also giving them a warbanner.  Failing that, you could spend the points on some Orc Arrer boys.

Not sure giving Hobgoblins bows is wise, but since your stated goal is a fun game then watching Hobgoblins try to kill something with bows should achieve that goal.

Not sure about the Chalice of Darkness as i’ve never used it.  Give us some feedback once you’ve played your game on whether it was any use or not.

You may also want to consider buying musicians for your Wolf Riders. When they run away (which they will if they’re anything like mine) then a musician will help them rally.

If your goal is a fun list, it looks like you’ve achieved that. :hat off

Steven:

I ended up doing some slight changes to the list, but not much. I dropped the 3 BB units to 15 each, dropped the hob archers and replaced them with two units of 10 orc boyz instead, and gave the sorcerer another dispell scroll. Otherwise it was the same.

Trying to remember everything I faced. From what I remember, it was 1 unit of Shades, 2 units of 5 dark riders, 2 spear units of around 20, executioners, 2 RBTs, and 2 cold one chariots. Characters were a noble bsb, a level 4 sorceress, and a level 2 sorceress.

It was a fun game. I’m glad I didn’t take the hob archers. Dark elves showed up without any harpies, and that was my main concern for the artillery. The RBTs ate me up good, but fortunately for me it wasn’t a huge shooty army and we had a couple good rounds of melee. Magic was pretty even back and forth, but I think it was Chill Wind (I don’t have the more recent DE book) that kept shutting down my shooting was played really well against me. The gits did take down a chariot. I got lucky on his D6+1 impact hits and only got 2 hits. I really could have used that lap around rule with them but they did manage to take out the chariot the next turn.

By the time it was all over, both my sorcerers were dead, all the orcs and hobgoblins were dead or running off the board, my main unit fled and got crushed, and two units of blunderbuss were left to against a badly damaged unit of spears, executioners, 2 bolt throwers, a chariot, and a level 4 sorcerer. I called it at that point. I could see the RBTs lining up for a nice little CD-kabob shot on the last two units.

I would say the chalice is definitely not worth taking anymore. I used to think it was a pretty cool item, and maybe so for smaller battles where there aren’t a lot of dice, but it wasn’t that useful. My friend is a really good tactician, so it’s always a true learning experience playing against him. We always have a good time playing and it had been far too long since I had played a game for sure. I definitely have to work on my tactics and unit placement, but even with the big “L” for the CDs, it was a really fun game all around.