[Archive] 2k using normal dwarf list

ninjahamster:

Right, in order to use my Chaos Dwarves in the UK Fantasy GT I’m gonna have to use the counts as rule and use them as normal dwarves :mad which is annoying, but if I get to use them thats ok.

So I’ve come up with the following 2k list:

Runelord, Great Weapon/Shield, Rune of spellbreaking (dispel), Anvil of Doom. 349 - it’s either this guy or the special character thorek guy, gonna build either a big sacrificial altar or a big steam press thing.

Thane, master rune of swiftness (always strike first), rune of fury (+1A) 115

10 Thunderers 140 - blunderbuss guys

10 Thunderers 140

20 Warriors, command, shields 205 - chaos dwarf warriors

15 miners, command, steam drill 215

20 Ironbreakers, command, 2 ancestor runes (4+ become stubborn) 310 - these are gonna be my Black Orcs, if i’m allowed to push counts as that far, hopefullyI can, it doesn’t let me have all their weapon options, but it’s the best I could come up with.

2x Bolt throwers, 2 Runes of penetrating (+1S), 1 rune of burning, engineer 160 - hobgoblin bolt throwers

Grudge thrower, Rune of accuracy 105 - Earthshaker cannon

Gyrocopter - 140 - some steam punk copter type thing, or inspector gadget type leadbelcher, could be dropped for extra points for thorek

Organ Gun - 120 - multi-rocket death rocket.

got miners and the anvil to get cheeky charges off with them, 2 S7 bolt throwers, one which is BS4 ecause of the engineer.

I’m a bit worried at the cost of a couple of units, Anvil and ironbreakers,but that might just be me not playing fantasy that often.

Any of you dwarf generals got any tips?

Hybridia:

Hmm, if you’d ask me you lack some punch in your army.

Runelord, Great Weapon/Shield, Rune of spellbreaking (dispel), Anvil of Doom. 349 - it’s either this guy or the special character thorek guy, gonna build either a big sacrificial altar or a big steam press thing.

Considering the point cost I’d use a Runelord taking a Master rune of balance against magic heavy opponents, and he’s gonna need some protection so if he ain’t taking the MRoB try the MR of Gromril, if he does a Rune of shielding (2+ ward save against shooting/magic attacks) will be an outcome against other shooty armies, because he is GOING to get shot at.

Thane, master rune of swiftness (always strike first), rune of fury (+1A) 115

Same as runelord: needs protection

10 Thunderers 140 - blunderbuss guys

10 Thunderers 140

Like it :slight_smile:

20 Warriors, command, shields 205 - chaos dwarf warriors

Thane will be in it I presume? Then drop it to 19

15 miners, command, steam drill 215

Nice surpise for any opponent, however will not always come in use

20 Ironbreakers, command, 2 ancestor runes (4+ become stubborn) 310 - these are gonna be my Black Orcs, if i’m allowed to push counts as that far, hopefullyI can, it doesn’t let me have all their weapon options, but it’s the best I could come up with.

Hmm… never been a fan of runes you have to role for, but that’s me… and use em as BlOrcs? :0

man, you should make em Dawi Zharr elites (immortals!)

2x Bolt throwers, 2 Runes of penetrating (+1S), 1 rune of burning, engineer 160 - hobgoblin bolt throwers

Again my choice but I never use BT: too expensive and they never hit a bloody thing (however that was in the time when engineers weren’t taken in dwarf armies eg: 6th edition)

Instead put your money on a second warrior unit (with or without GW’s)

Grudge thrower, Rune of accuracy 105 - Earthshaker cannon

Fluffwise the best you could take, but will only be at it’s best against bulky armies, consider dropping it to fill up that second warrior unit and try to twist it a bit pointwise so you can take a second hero

Gyrocopter - 140 - some steam punk copter type thing, or inspector gadget type leadbelcher, could be dropped for extra points for thorek

Never used it, because it doesn’t fit in my army’s storyline but is a real nice multi-purpose unit

Organ Gun - 120 - multi-rocket death rocket.

Yep like it

ninjahamster