[Archive] 3000pts. Which List?

Gmaleron:

Hello once again everyone. It has been a while since I last posted on here (Fantasy basically died when the new 40k edition came out at my store so have been busy with that so I could actually play games). However I could never leave fantasy entirely and with the trend at my store being it migrates from one game to the next (will be 40k for a while then go back to Fantasy then vice versa) I expect that I will be able to get games in eventually so this is me basically pointing up a list to eventually build towards.

Anyways below I have posted 2 different lists with 2 different kinds of tactics. One is a somewhat generic hold the line/shoot the hell out of the opponent list while the other is a list that I refer to as the “Hammer” list. Also should note I am going for a pure CD/Heavy CD army so to save as much money as possible.  I would appreciate your guys thoughts, ideas and comments on both and thanks for reading! :cheers

3000 POINTS GUNLINE LIST:

LORDS AND HEROES: 855pts.

-Sorcerer Prophet Level 4

*w/ Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Protection, Crown of Command, Lore of Hashut

-Daemonsmith Sorcerer Level 1

*w/ Dispel Scroll, Spellshield

-Daemonsmith Sorcerer Level 1

*w/ Chalice of Blood and Darkness

-Infernal Castellan BSB

*w/ Armor of Bazherak the Cruel, Ironcurse Icon

CORE: 1315pts.

-x35 Infernal Guard (Sorcerer Prophet Goes Here)

*w/ Musician, Standard, Lichebone Pennant, Blunderbusses

-x35 Infernal Guard (Infernal Castellan Goes Here)

*w/ Musician, Standard, Blunderbusses

SPECIAL: 590pts.

-Magma Cannon

*w/ Hellbound

-Magma Cannon

*w/ Hellbound

-Deathshrieker Rocket

*w/ Hellbound

-Deathshrieker Rocket

*w/ Hellbound

RARE: 240pts.

-Dreadquake Mortar

*w/ Slave Ogre

TOTAL ARMY: 3000 POINTS

TACTICS: Very simple with this list, infernal guard deploy in ranks of x15 (yes that wide) with blunderbusses and form a wall of guys that are super tough to kill and can shoot the hell out of anyone that comes close to them. The x2 Magma Cannons, x2 Deathshriekers and dreadquake will do all they can to demolish the enemies strength. SP and IC make my Infernal Guard units stubborn while Demonsmiths are there to provide Warmachine security.

3000 POINTS HAMMER LIST:

LORDS AND HEROES: 662pts.

-Sorcerer Prophet Level 4

*w/ Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Protection, Lore of Hashut

-Infernal Castellan BSB

*w/ Armor of Bazherak the Cruel, Sword of Might

-Hobgoblin Khan

*w/ Wolf, Light Armor, Shield, HW

-Hobgoblin Khan

*w/ Wolf, Light Armor, Shield, HW

CORE: 755pts.

-x40 Infernal Guard (Sorcerer Prophet + Infernal Castellan Go Here)

*w/ Musician, Standard Lichebone Pennant, Blunderbusses

SPECIAL: 930pts.

-Deathshrieker Rocket

*w/ Hellbound

-Deathshrieker Rocket

*w/ Hellbound

-x6 K’daai Fireborn

*w/ Manburner

-x6 K’daai Fireborn

*w/ Manburner

RARE: 650pts.

-K’daai Destroyer

-K’daai Destroyer

TOTAL ARMY: 2997 POINTS

TACTICS: Again pretty straight forward tactics. Charge forward with my two Destroyers who are supported by x12 Fireborn and a horde of blunderbuss wielding Infernal Guard (again in ranks of x15) to back them up. The Hobgoblin Khans are my re-directors while the deathshriekers hang back to provide long range fire support (they will target enemy cannons, war alters, ect.)

Vardan Painkiller:

I like 2nd list way more, have you though of buffing fireborns units a little, 6 models is rather small for them, maby make it 9-10 ans saved points spend elsewhere? For example one 1 core/special unit of dwarfes 10 strong to protect rockets from usual hunters?

Mike Newman:

2 k’daai? Second list all the way

The Besieger:

I vote for list nr 1 :slight_smile:

Gmaleron:

Thanks for the replies guys, I am still tweaking these lists and continually debating which ones to run. I am also putting together a more balanced list so I potentially can get the best of both worlds in the future. :hat off

Gothnomicon:

Either I’m missing something or your points are off somewhat. When I build you lists in Army Builder, I come up to 30 points less than your totals. It looks like the difference is in the Lords and Heros area, but I don’t see what I’m missing. Can you help me spot the difference?