[Archive] 40k 5th Ed

AGPO:

I doubt they’ll do anything overblown, but they’ve got to do something with the fluff. yes we get it, they’re all doomed. Big deal

Willmark:

Especially since they have all been doomed since 1st edition…

ashur:

I dont see how they could revamped the fluff, unless they start focusing on other races such as the Tau as much as the humans.

Hammerhand:

The only immediate beneficiries of the fall of the empire are the tau and chaos.  eldar are too few to even claim back un-inhabited exodite worlds, orks can move in but the tau seem to do a good job of keeping them in check, and for tyranids it’s just a case of a different dessert on the dinner menu.  I like the idea of the emperor reborn, forging a new clutch of primarchs, that could start a huge civil war!!! cool.

EDIT: or the emperor freed at last from his mortal bonds becomes a chaos god!!

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

if tau had access to the warp they would destroy everthing they are the best army ever! :slight_smile:

tau forever! :slight_smile:

Hammerhand:

if tau had access to the warp they would destroy everthing they are the best army ever! :)
tau forever! :)

Godbob and his jolly rogers
The only problem the tau offer the tyranids is annoying gristle between the teeth. Even a lowly termagant can beat a shas 'o' in combat!

turquois dwarf:

maybe the emporer will die. gasp and then the humans will start killing each other. this gives an excuse for all the space marine vs space marine battles and even lets imperial guard have a good scrap. then maybe a sort of intergalactic UN will rise up and that will be the grander empire.

a scary plot twist is that GW will make a new dark eldar codex…ew scary:D

Willmark:

As noted in my Gamesday Thread Gav and Jervis confirmed the Dark Eldar will happen its just gonna take some time.

Hammerhand:

maybe the emporer will die. *gasp* and then the humans will start killing each other. this gives an excuse for all the space marine vs space marine battles and even lets imperial guard have a good scrap......

turquois dwarf
ooh, I like that! and factions are formed containing certain marine legions and IG battalions, whoa! they could even start developing their own technology, others might embrace the greater good and join the Tau to offer a pleasing side platter for the tyranids!!!

Lord Zarkov:

The reprint of the old pic of the Emperor on the throne (now is colour!) is different - he no longer has a face! The non bionic half is just a skull rather than flesh like it used to be.

Edit: This pic

TheVoice:

Oh dear god, if the Imperium broke up it would certainly give an excuse for Space Marine vs. Space Marine combat, but that’s the last thing the game needs.

I think it would be cool if the Imperium’s system collapsed. Humanity started reacting to the Tau and had a revolution, with new techs and new science, so humanity no longer felt like a dead-end in social progression. Trimming the human realms and making the new humans pioneers again would be awesome. I think earlier editions were more ‘we’re exploring and surviving in a dangerous galaxy’ wheras now humanity controls most of it.

The reprint of the old pic of the Emperor on the throne (now is colour!) is different - he no longer has a face! The non bionic half is just a skull rather than flesh like it used to be.

Edit: This pic

Lord Zarkov
ah yes i seen the new one i had to ask how it was and gasped in shoke when i knew

zorn sabretooth:

(to the tune of joy to world)

"ding dong the corpse is dead

horus hit him on the head

what did the do to the body?

they put on a golden potty"

chaos rules

p.s i don,t like the emperor

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, does anybody know what the changes from 4th (or even 3rd as i recall 4th being a slight update like 7th) be?

Also, the fluff for 40K is: if it moves, it will be fought. If it doesn’t move, it shall be destroyed.

That is, except for the Tau, who seem to have some decent background, but not really stories as such…

Besides, at the end of it all everybody is dying except the 'nids… SM are losing gene seed, CSM don’t have any, IG die in swarms and procduction rates of humans appears to be down, Eldar are dying out, DE are the same, Necrons are self-repairing, yet apparently falling apart (as a whole), Orks just are, they seem to be going neither way, the Tau are trying to expand, but everybody attacks them for the sake of it and the 'nids, if they felt like it, could devour the entire galaxy in a matter of seconds, but won’t for NO reason WHATsoever… (entirely against their other background of: eat things to sustain itself…)

Hammerhand:

Well, does anybody know what the changes from 4th (or even 3rd as i recall 4th being a slight update like 7th) be?

Hashut's Blessing
GWs Official preview

Pdf file for how it affects each army

Pdf file of new 40k quick reference sheet

Hope this helps!

Although not condoned by this site, the beta version of the rulebook is available to download on a torrent site.  There is a link to it on samurai gunslinger if you are interested. (note the link is to the web site, not to the torrent-which this site in no way condones as it is not entirely legal!)