[Archive] 40K 6th edition up for pre-order

spriten:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=2700210-gws

:smiley:

Thommy H:

Yay, Dark Angels! Time to get back into 40K!

theforgefather:

What is it with dark angels? My local GW rumoured that it could be eldar or renegade guard. As much as I want it to be the renegades, I doubt it will be.

Thommy H:

The starter set is Dark Angels and Chaos Space Marines.

theforgefather:

I was also told that they wouldnt do marines v marines. So have you seen an actual copy of it?

theforgefather:

in fact, this rumour makes more sense:

Heres a rumour about 6th edition starter set:

I don’t know if the spine images are anything to do with DA, 6th starter or the 25th year of 40k but I do know that most of the stuff posted is correct. 6th starter does indeed feature DA and the forces of chaos, including a nice plastic chaos dread.

Starter Set includes Dark Angels vs. Chaos. Chaos includes CSM, some traitor guard/cultists and a CSM deadnought

I am only confirming the starter as DA vs chaos NOT the DA & CSM codex release dates. The next 40k releases are :- 'nids, SW, necrons (all models only no codex)

beefcake:

Meh… When will they do a starter set without SM, never I guess as it’s their biggest seller. At least it won’t be orks again.

theforgefather:

I’m surprised no photos have been leaked and gone viral yet. Well I suppose it is a bit soon…

Thommy H:

Meh... When will they do a starter set without SM, never I guess as it's their biggest seller. At least it won't be orks again.

beefcake
40K is about Space Marines. They're like the protagonists of the setting - the whole way the game is set up is, essentially, pitting them against whoever. Being annoyed at Marines being the focus is like being annoyed that James Bond movies always have that British secret agent guy as the main character.

zobo1942:

I wish there was a way to economically produce ‘micro-battalion’ boxes, enabling you could order a ‘40K Starter Kit, Orks and Eldar’ or ‘40K Starter Kit, Thousand Sons and Necrons’, etc…

beefcake:

I wouldn’t be so against them if the sculpts were better. How can a human possibly fit into one of those suits. Yes they are genetically engineered or whatever. They’ll never change the sculpts though as too many people would kick up a fuss and rightly so, each to their own. Sorry but I just can’t help not liking these guys. I collected them once but quickly got rid of them as I found them boring to paint. The idea of them in the game is cool and all the fluff around them is cool but I just don’t like the look of them.

Meh… When will they do a starter set without SM, never I guess as it’s their biggest seller. At least it won’t be orks again.

beefcake
40K is about Space Marines. They’re like the protagonists of the setting - the whole way the game is set up is, essentially, pitting them against whoever. Being annoyed at Marines being the focus is like being annoyed that James Bond movies always have that British secret agent guy as the main character.

Thommy H

cornixt:

It’s always funny seeing Ultramarines vs Ultramarines battles. Or any marines vs marines battles really. The colour schemes are so rigid that it is hard to tell some marine armies apart when they are on the same battlefield.

AGPO:

I'm surprised no photos have been leaked and gone viral yet. Well I suppose it is a bit soon...

theforgefather
GW are still trying to get the Hobbit license confirmed. They're not going to get it if they keep leaking like sieves

Thommy H:

Loads of 6th Edition rumours here.

It looks very much like the same scale of reinvention as 8th Edition Warhammer was and, again, an attempt to create a robust, definitive version of the game for the future. I’m excited that Dark Angels may be one of the first new Codecies done as well, since they’re in the starter set (or one of the starter set, depending on what rumours you believe at this stage).

Hashut’s Blessing:

That’s just the sprue from the paint set.

Thommy H:

Just got the new book because my wife was in town and was willing to pop into GW to pick it up for me. She broke a nail picking up the book. That’s love.

Anyway, ignore Warseer. I haven’t played 40K in years and I have no idea if the new rules are better (they certainly look more comprehensive and tight) but the book itself is really, really nice. At least as nice as the Warhammer rulebook. Loads and loads of new art, really complete background, lots of pictures of toys. It has three fold-out sections! Two with really nice artwork and one of a massive battle between Imperial and Chaos forces around a big cathedral complex thing. Same deal as the Warhammer book, really, and it looks just as great. I’m very glad I got it so far. The background of 40K has always been more interesting to me than Warhammer, but I much prefer Fantasy as a game. It could be something to do with the players though (did I mention that you should ignore Warseer? You should).

Anyway, it’s good.

zobo1942:

Are there any mentions of the ‘Relictors’ chapter?

I don’t know why, but I’ve been thinking that modelling some Relictors with a Xanthite Inquisitor would be a great project.

Thommy H:

I haven’t read it closely enough to have spotted any yet (I’ve literally had it for about two hours so far…) but I looked in the section they have on the Eye of Terror campaign and it has the full disposition of the forces fighting there, which includes the Relictors. They’re identified as one of the twenty Chapters founded with the express purpose of guarding the Eye of Terror. So there’s that at least. I’ll let you know if I spot any more.

Regarding your project though, the new allies rules make it very easy to include Inquisitors in your Space Marine armies, so you’d be able to do that easily.

Baggronor:

Huzzah. Picking it up on Monday.

Maybe time to do that Tau army I’ve been meaning to do for years.

CopperPot:

Noooooooooooooooooooooo you have no time for a Tau Army you must finish what you started and give us Stormcallers:)