[Archive] 40k Minis for K'Daai?

Groznit Goregut:

Hi All,

I’ve always preferred more of a Steam Punk look for my K’Daai. I’ve got one warjack from one other game system, but those guys are expensive! I’ve been thinking of doing something similar with some 40k minis and trying to make them more fantasy oriented. I don’t know much about 40k minis or how big they are.

I thought the Hell Brute would look awesome…with some work, but he’s too large for a 40mm base from what I hear. Would Terminators work? Are there other Chaos minis that might work instead? I’m thinking of looking cheaply on eBay or trading stuff.

rpitts2004:

A good portion of people use Chaos Juggernaugts

Skink:

Classic Necron Immortals:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics15/img4e23182a351a2.jpg

arms aren’t attached, so you can simply chop their hands off and go wild with Chaos Warriors weapons. Got 10 of these robotic buggers on e-bay for 50 bucks.

Groznit Goregut:

Thanks guys!

Hmm…I can get a Warjack for under $10…

LINK TO EBAY BID

JMR:

That auction is just for the upgrade pack, not the complete miniature.

Groznit Goregut:

argh…

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Johnny-Crass:

I use Cryx Deathjacks for mine.

maxxev:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WARMACHINE-GRIND-BITS-KHADOR-CRUSHER-HEAVY-WARJACK-/320911668815?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab7d3764f

Vogon:

The new 40K Chaos Marine miniatures featured in this thread may be of interest.

The two fiend models look about the right size and steampunkiness.

Cheers

Vogon

Groznit Goregut:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WARMACHINE-GRIND-BITS-KHADOR-CRUSHER-HEAVY-WARJACK-/320911668815?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab7d3764f

maxxev
Awesome! I really like that! Those are affordable prices to me!

@Vogon: That's what made me think of it! Some of those would be great Destroyers....depending on size. Still, I was really hoping to get something on the cheap. Full GW prices can hurt at times. This is my secondary army and short on funds. I was thinking the Hell Brute might be good and can probably get in a month or two cheap from the new boxed set. Looks like it might be a tad too big, though.

Thanks guys!

NoisyAssassin:

Those Fiends for 40K are on large oval bases, which, while smaller than the Destroyer base, are still huge. They’d make good Destroyer conversions or even as the basis for a Hellcannon (which I plan on likely doing). The Hellbrute is also going to be WAY too big to be a Fireborn, but could maybe work as a relatively small Destroyer.

Groznit Goregut:

Well, I did get some extra cash and I bought something that MIGHT work. I was looking at some Mage Knight stuff and went with some golems they had. There are a number of different ones that could fit within the steam punk genre, but I went with these as they looked big enough.

frogbear:

Scotia Grendel Mk1 Iron Golem - If you can find the one that they no longer advertise then that is the one I am using…

Da Crusha:

Ive been using ork nobz in mega armour, converted of course. check out my blog for pics.

Groznit Goregut:

@frogbear: That Scotia Grendel one does look really nice!  I’d wonder about a unit of 6 and what you can do to make them unique.  They do look proper, though.  Nice!

@Da Crusha: Nice!  I really like what you did!  I’m no where as good at sculpting, though.  I like the skull heads.  I always wondered what type of heads they would have.  Also pretty clever on your Iron Demon.  Cannons for smoke stacks?  Nice…

I did see a bunch of these minis and figured they would be a good basis to work on a bunch of different k’daai:

frogbear:

The scotia grendel mini is big. I meant it for the destroyer. I can get a comparison pic if you want.

Otherwise for kdaii i am looking at doing something with AT-43 yetis karmans. More on that when i finally get them

Groznit Goregut:

I did get some Mage Knight guys. One was a bit short, but I put him on some cork and added a head from Chaos Knights. I hope it works out OK.

Here is a pick of all the guys together without doing too much with conversions. The bigger ones are the Warmachine guys. I also started a blog in the blog section.

RichardC1967:

Scotia Grendel Mk1 Iron Golem - If you can find the one that they no longer advertise then that is the one I am using...

frogbear
here's a link to the Scotia Grendal Golems for sale in the US..can you tell me how big these are?..are they Fireborn size or Destroyer size?

http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts.asp_Q_ProductLineID_E_2137425798_A_ManufacturerID_E_242_A_CategoryID_E_16_A_GenreID_E_

Da Crusha:

here's a link to the Scotia Grendal Golems for sale in the US..can you tell me how big these are?..are they Fireborn size or Destroyer size?

http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts.asp_Q_ProductLineID_E_2137425798_A_ManufacturerID_E_242_A_CategoryID_E_16_A_GenreID_E_

RichardC1967
these are destroyer size. check out this post and see some pics of converted ones with a scale pic.

Admiral:

CSM Maulerfiends are perfect K’daai Destroyer substitutes. They are quite fine without conversions, but can be made very good with some conversion work to better tie them into the Chaos Dwarf aesthetic.