5 Hobgoblin wolf riders with bows 70 pts

6 hobgoblins 10 pts

6 Hobgoblins 10 pts

3 bull centaurs with heavy armor. 63 pts

Death Rocket 80 pts

497 pts

Any advice pertaining to this warband?

Mosk:

Ok here is what I would do (this is just my opinion)

1.) no wolf riders… ( mainly cause I don’t like hobs)

2.) hob gobs are 2 points each so for 6 it would cost you 12 points.

3.) Get 5 bull centaurs (getting rid of the wolf riders and adding to that)

4.) trade death rocket for 2 bolt throwers. (at this low of a point lvl i would not use death rocket, I do love the death rocket though :slight_smile:

5.) get a few more hob goblins.

6.) now if you WANT get rid of some warriors, get some more BB they are the real core of a chaos dwarf army (in my opinion)

wallacer:

Unless you need them for your core requirements I would replace the Blunderbusses with 12 Hobgoblin bowmen. They will have the same ballistic skill and strength and more than twice as many shots. If you stick your sorceror within 12" of them they’ll also have the same leadership as the Blunderbusses.

Not sure what rules you’re using for your warband, but i’m assuming they must allow you to go below normal unit minimum sizes? (just curious).

You’ll probably find with so few models on the table it might be worth taking 2 bolt throwers instead of an area effect weapon like a Death Rocket (which probably won’t have that many targets or things to scatter onto). Fielding Bolt Throwers will also allow you to have some protection against any monsters your opponents might field.

Are you going to use those 6 strong Hobgob units as baits to set up your cav units for a flank charge? If so then cool. If not then perhaps better to merge them and use them as a bunker for your sorceror to sit in?

BCs and fast cav could really kick some at 500 points, especially if you’re able to get your opponent to reposition his units so that you can get a flank shot on them with your bolt throwers (if you take them).

Just my 5 cents :smiley:

Theory_Man:

This is a modified list that I would suggest,

Level 2 chaos dwarf sorcerer 100 pts

10 Warriors with standard 100 pts

10 blunderbusses 120 pts

9 Hobgoblins with bows 45pts

5 bull centaurs with heavy armor, Standard and Champion 135 pts

500 points