[Archive] [7-20-2009] Juggernaut!

Willmark:

Many thanks for there other links as well. Having them makes all the difference as the SOL link is no where near scale. I mean you have nothing to really judge it from. Here I was worried I had made it to long, when in fact its a lot bigger.

The front is going to be the most interesting part and I think its going to have to be all Green stuff for the skull from/

Pyro- Now you know why I featured your rules in the WoH in issue #2!

minty:

No, it is alot smaller than you would think (and what I thought too), but if you look again at the stuff of legends pics you can see the scale with the miniatures on that then wonder why you ever thought it was that big :) the one I posted has no side turrets which makes a marginal difference. Things were alot smaller back in the 3rd Edition though, I have a chaos champion on war griffon from marauder which is also on a smaller scale than the GW ones produced now.
I was thinking of making one from scratch myself because I couldn't get the image of 4 Kees Headblasts on each level with their blunderbusses looking mean and ready to blow something up :D

Ghrask Dragh
all the mauruader range is small (save the dwarfs, they compar because mauruader dwarves stod juts a few MM shorter than men) becuase the old mauruader range was 22mm, rather than the current 28mm

HappyGuy:

I don’t understand, is this just a for fun model, or are there actual rules?

Willmark:

There are rules that Pyro has put together, check issue #2 of the Word of Hashut for download. The original model came out in the 3rd edition days of Warhammer, and there weren’t any rules for it then.

On eBay this is something of a treasure, not that many were produced by GW and those that were seem limited to the UK and Europe. They are a rare find comparatively speaking and since the market for any Chaos Dwarf figure is high it has gone up selling for $400-700 dollars last time. Now that I know the true scale I’m glad I didn’t buy one.

Lastly to answer your question this will have actual game uses, as to what… I’m not saying yet.

clam:

Nice work Willmark - I also want to have a go on this, so I’ll be following this closely

On criticism though - I think those wheels will look way to small - when it’s finished (you will make it a turret platform - right?). Really think you should try to find some bigger ones :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to see you progress on this.

Obsidian:

Nice work there Willmark.

I agree with Clam that the wheels might be a bit small-ish…

Pyro Stick:

On criticism though - I think those wheels will look way to small - when it's finished (you will make it a turret platform - right?). Really think you should try to find some bigger ones :)

clam
I think the reason the wheels look too small is because the jugger is quite wide. Maybe a third pair of wheels would fix the problem. Maybe use a large pair of wheels in between the two smaller pairs.

Willmark:

It’s wider for a reason, all will become apparent when you see the top.

Merchant:

Wow thats one great Juggernaut, I like it - but mostly the front, I cannot wait to see it done

:slight_smile: :cheers

Willmark:

Many thanks. I got a bunch more done last night, hopefully by Friday night I should have even more.

Willmark:

Many thanks. I got a bunch more done last night, hopefully by Friday night I should have even more.

Willmark
A bit more to add this is the rough shape of the face on the front. I will be using this as my guide to add the GS.

centauro enano:

Good job, I am curious to see how it goes Avans, morale.

Bladed Raven:

So I take it you are going to use it as a counts as? I realize you want to keep it a secret but I still am going to make a few guesses…

Actually, I may have figured it out already so I’m not going to say. If it turns out to be something totally different it serves me right.

Cool face.

Servius:

Read Issue 1 of the Hand of Hashut… there are trial rules for using the juggernaut in your friendly games.

Willmark:

Heh make that issue #2!

Servius:

you right lol… i combined them into one large PDF as i do with most of my Pubs…

Bladed Raven:

I would but every time I download it the file is corrupt.

Incidentally, I would use it as a Dogs of War giant for competitive games.

Willmark:

As noted click view for now through your browser, also I’ll check the link tonight.

Tharzhul Firehelm:

Nice stuff so far Willmark, looking great.

Willmark:

UPDATE

I got a bit more done tonight. i now have the rough forms for the front blades. I will be green stuffing over parts of them most likely if not the whole thing. I have also started the rough shapes of the front and left side wall. I also added a arch support for the second level.

Also of note is that I have chopped one of the cannon barrels and extended it. I was planning on doing this all along but figures I should do so before someone suggests it. :wink: