[Archive] 750pts

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull:

Hello,

I’m planning to build a small chaos dwarf army very slowly this is what I came up with.

Heroes

Chaos dwarf sorcerer, lv2, scroll, power stone 150pts

Core

12 chaos dwarves, blunderbuss 144

12 chaos dwarves, blunderbuss 144

25 hob goblins, light armour, shield, full command 130

10 hobgoblins 20pts

10 hobgoblins 20pts

Special

2 bolt throwers 60pts

Death rocket 80pts

models: 79

Pd: 4+1 powerstone

dd: 3+1 dispell scroll

Auretious Taak:

It looks solid, though I’d be tempted to ditch the Death Rocket and take 2 more Bolt throwers and another 10 Hob Gobs for the 80 pts. Use the hob gobs as cover in front of the CD’s so as they take the incoming fire as you advance to in range, then unleash some firepower. 4 Bolt Throwers will do a number on most things, though I’d can’t see how to fit the last 2 in to 6 to be honest, and wel hey, for 180pts 6 Bolt throwers is solid.

Hmmm, one way you could go is to focus the force on a shooty/magic list as you’ve done. At this pts level you need flexibility but also a focused force can be a real danger. Maybe swapping out the 25 Hob Gob unit for an earthShaker or a unit of Bullcentaurs would be an idea, though the earthshaker against a mobile force at this level isn’t necessarily going to help as much, but against slower forces like Dwarfs it can wreak havoc…slow the goody too shoes down to our speed, relentless my arse!

Otherwise it is a good solid list that works fine as is.

Auretious Taak.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull:

Hi

thanks for the comment, I was thinking about taking more bolt throwers but since my guessing skills are great I tought it would be fun to use a death rocket and it will make a nice conversion to:)

Greetz

G