[Archive] [8-16-2018] Willmark's Chaos Stunty Army Project-WARNING PIC HEAVY!

AGPO:

Nice work Wilmark, Christ I can remember when I had more posts than you, now you’re over 1,000 ahead :o

Ghrask Dragh:

Definetly uber secret project! :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

great paint job on the orcs like the wood grain !

MR WILLMARK

Willmark:

Well for those wondering what the first Uber secret project is:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/9090

This will not impact my army assembly thou (I hope) as I plan on working on units as I assemble this beast.

Kera foehunter:

NICE !!willmark great job

Willmark:

UPDATE

Finally, even thou I’m working on my scratch built juggernaut https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/9090 I’m still finding some time for working on my army. Here is my latest unit to joint the army and my quest to have one of every unit type in the list. The Orc Arrer boys! these guys could have been a huge help in my first out when my artillery got charged and locked up into comabt against glade riders and I had nothing around to help out… problem now solved me thinks! Alright lads its off to arty guard duty.

Next up I would imagine is probably the first hobgoblin unit or the death rocket. I’m not sure which it will be perhaps both or who knows what else I might be working on.

Right now I also have three, yes that is right three sorcerers under the paint brush. One of which is Astragoth which I will use as such in home games at a whopping point total too, using Thommy’s rules that appeared in Issue #1 of the WoH.

All said I’m poised to leap past 4,000 points painted by years end. Gold Medal here I come.

Thommy H:

One of which is Astragoth which I will use as such in home games at a whopping point total too, using Thommy's rules that appeared in Issue #1 of the WoH.
Cool :D Let me know how he works out - the points cost was calculated rather than playtested, so it'll be interesting to see if he's balanced or not (I'm pretty sure he should be okay though).

I haven't commented before, but I have been following this blog. I'm not sure if it's your painting or photography which has improved, but those Arrer Boyz are a real step up to my eyes.

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

I forgot to mention … would you mind taking a seperate piccie of the converted Orcs using chaos warrior bitz? I really wonder what you made of those bitz I sent to you :slight_smile:

AGPO:

I don’t know where you find the time… if only I could manage a similar rate of production

Dino:

Looking good. Hope we see some more of the sorcerers soon and some Hobgoblins as well.

Willmark:

I haven't commented before, but I have been following this blog. I'm not sure if it's your painting or photography which has improved, but those Arrer Boyz are a real step up to my eyes.

Thommy H
Heh, thanks. In actuality is several things: A WAAAAAY better camera, a better backdrop thou I still need a side light for better illumination; editing better in PhotoShop, using jpegs instead of gifs, etc...

There probably is some improvements in my painting as well. Many thanks for the complement.
I forgot to mention .. would you mind taking a seperate piccie of the converted Orcs using chaos warrior bitz? I really wonder what you made of those bitz I sent to you :)

Hrothgar Goldgreed
Funny you should mention that. He is nearing the final stages now to join the unit of 30 orc Big Uns.
I don't know where you find the time... if only I could manage  a similar rate of production

AGPO
I don't either. All thou I didn't do much by my standards this summer. Olympics basically ate up my entire August :)
Looking good. Hope we see some more of the sorcerers soon and some Hobgoblins as well.

Dino
You're in luck as well. I am starting on my first unit of 20 now.

Willmark:

UPDATE

Willmark’s Army Builder Tip #5:

Never try to jump ahead by saying to yourself: "Self, to save myself time later I’m going to just cut all these minis this way because I will be user for “X” later… When in fact the reality is that you will use them for “Y” later… That’s what happened to me with these guys:

But I hear you say “Hey Willmark why are you showing us a bunch of stinky low-life gobbos?” Refer to Army Tip #5 above. Look closely , sure the weapons swaps are a minor modification, notice the feet… I cut all of them of because I was going to cast gobbo wolf rider feet and make them into hobbos. well I switched gears and bought a ton of 4th/5th edition hobbos. Normally this wouldn’t be an issue but one of the things I’m looking to do with my army is to have at least one unit of every type in the army… so it was green stuffing feet on 40 of them… joy.

Next up : Allowing me to close in  even further on 4,000 points and some badly needed magical firepower is two sorcerers. For the shadow sorcerer I decided on a very simple scheme. I tried a test in a small spot on his cloak and it did not come out all that good. So decided to keep it plain and for some reason it just feels right for him.

The second is a fire sorcerer. He has been sitting on my painting desk for over a year. In fact if you go to page one of the blog you can see him in the background, but in a slightly different form, so I changed him to better fit my army.

Lastly, my nearly completed Frankenstein Orc assembled out of many pieces to fill out the last spot in the Orc unit of Big Uns.

Ghrask Dragh:

Nice job on the sorcerer, very twisted! I like Frankenstein’s Orc too, great use of bits :hat off

clam:

As always very, very nice stuff :hat off

Especially glad to see that someone could give Azhback the Grey the paintjob he deserved �?" a thing his former owner didn’t managed to do.

And Frankenstein turned out great - love him :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Especially glad to see that someone could give Azhback the Grey the paintjob he deserved �?" a thing his former owner didn't managed to do.  

clam
Indeed I owe you one!

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

You did a great job on the orc! Nice mob of gobbos :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

WOW that a lot of hobos willmark !!! wow that a lot of feet !!

ok how many feet are you talking about making 200??

Willmark:

No just for the gobbos I cut apart I was going use them as hobgoblins. So lets see 40x2=80 feet I had to re-add or there bouts as a few still had their original feet on them.

asheira:

i’ve always loved your army, and that sorcerer of shadows is a nice design

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull:

Hello,

I just readed trough most of the blog and the army looks really good. I really like that death rocket idea:), can I ask you what those heads are on the barrels?

Greetz

G