[Archive] [8-16-2018] Willmark's Chaos Stunty Army Project-WARNING PIC HEAVY!

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

brillient i may have to steal that rocket idea:)

Willmark:

The first step will be the green stuffing of the flames from the rockets themselves.

For the smoke I will bu using spray painted cotton. Then I plan to dry-brush dark gray for it with some red highlights. I got the idea for the technique from the General’s Compendium. One of the very last sections: Raiding the Enemy PG. 166-169 gives the how to’s of making smoke and flames.

Godbob: Feel free, that is one reason this blog exists.

Willmark:

UPDATE

Finally an update! This blog really has gone far longer then I wanted without any major updates, but I really haven’t had the time to work on my army since mid-June really. Hopefully that will change starting with today’s updates.

Whether or not I will resume my torrid pace that I was on before remains to be seen…

First up a unit that is most likely will be done next: my unit of 20 Black Orcs. Right now there are perhaps 50-60% of the way there. There is still a great deal of detail work to go, but the major color blocks are now there.

I guess there is probably about another week of solid work to go and they will join my specials.

Look what came in the mail, and look what I did to him, needless to say I terminated the hat with “extreme prejudice” (kudos for those who can figure out the movie reference on that one)… :wink:

The idea with him is that I will make his hair very gray and grayish, after all he is the High Priest of Hashut, he’s bound to have a few gray hairs here and there.

Lastly work continues on the Death Rocket. I now have all the detail work done and have begun adding the green stiff for flames from said rockets.

That’s it for now, hopefully updates will become more of a regular nature again.

AGPO:

Nice job Wilmark, 'tis good work you be doing with Astrogoth. Very cunnin to be using metal blorcs for your command group - the new ones be a right pain to rank up

Kera foehunter:

Great high priest Willmark . he a real cutie!!!

Great up date on the rocket too that a nice project!

Ghrask Dragh:

Those Black Orcs totally rule! makes me want to start mine, the Astrogoth conversion is also really great, might have to steal a few ideas here :smiley:

:hat off

clam:

Wow! that Astragoth conversion is great. What will you do to the back of him? - give him the banner poles? or …? And if not the bannerpoles - do you then have a spare Astragoth banner pole :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Willmark:

Nice try Dude! The banner poles were soaking in paint remover when I took the photo.

clam:

It never hurts asking - does it? :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Nope it sure doesn’t… do you have any banner poles for the Lord on the Taurus? :wink:

Kera foehunter:

no i havent built taurus my yet!!

very nice modals and ideas:hat off

but how did you make that BLorc armour it looks great:cheers

Willmark:

very nice modals and ideas:hat off

but how did you make that BLorc armour it looks great:cheers

Godbob and his jolly rogers
1) Prime the models black.
2) Drybrush a darker silver (the paint i use calls it gun metal)
3) Drybrush a standard silver over that.
4) Drybrush a reddish/ rust colored red over that.
5) Wash with badab black or blank ink (your choice)
6) Lightly Drybrush darker silver back over the top.

wallacer:

They came out really well, Willmark. They look grim, mean and nasty just like Orcs should look :hat off

clam:

@Willmark

No, don’t have any extra bannerpoles - sorry. Down with two - Astragoth and Sorcerer on Lammasu :frowning:

Willmark:

They came out really well, Willmark.  They look grim, mean and nasty just like Orcs should look :hat off

wallacer
Thanks, that was the look I was going for. I now have them done and their the gravel on the bases is drying. I should have them finished up this week.

I'm looking around and there is so much for me to choose from in terms of units. Choice FTW!

Willmark:

UPDATE

Here are the  Black Orcs all finished and pushing me to an even 3,400 points for the army! Gold Medal here I come; look out Wallacer!

In all seriousness I am pleased with how they turned out and was surprised that they painted up quite well and rather quickly. I especially like the banner.

As Wallacer noted, I specifically went for a rough feel to these guys with either the armor being rusty or blood splattered.

Next up is the orc arrer boyz most likely. The other night I got the (what I like to call) the “gross area painting”, by that I mean the large swathes of colors. Since they are kinda liek a slave unit I’m painting them in similar colors to my orc boyz. lots of browns mixed with some red.

I am also in the process of priming my hobgoblin warriors: I will have 2 units of 20 FC, 2 units of 10 (“Speed bumps”) and a unit of 25 Sneaky Gits to paint.

Oh yeah… I mentioned in my user interview on the last podcast about some "uber, secret project(s)… I just started on one… details to come but I am doing WIP shorts… :hat off

grunts:

Nice work on the blorcs. I like the dirty look. Oh, and the deathrocket…brilliant! I have the same 40K bits as the heads on my deathrockets, but I never thought of using the organ gun. I used the 40K ork cannonz and straws for tubes. Your’s looks waaaaay better. I hate to say it, but I may have to yoink that idea if I ever revamp mine.

1) Prime the models black.
2) Drybrush a darker silver (the paint i use calls it gun metal)
3) Drybrush a standard silver over that.
4) Drybrush a reddish/ rust colored red over that.
5) Wash with badab black or blank ink (your choice)
6) Lightly Drybrush darker silver back over the top.

Willmark
thanks willmark :cheers

you may see it used in my army

if i can get pictures to work:mad

Kera foehunter:

great paint job willmark Noooooo you killed Santa