[Archive] [8-16-2018] Willmark's Chaos Stunty Army Project-WARNING PIC HEAVY!

Willmark:

UPDATE

Willmark’s Army Builder Tip #5:

Never try to jump ahead by saying to yourself: "Self, to save myself time later I’m going to just cut all these minis this way because I will be user for “X” later… When in fact the reality is that you will use them for “Y” later… That’s what happened to me with these guys:

But I hear you say “Hey Willmark why are you showing us a bunch of stinky low-life gobbos?” Refer to Army Tip #5 above. Look closely , sure the weapons swaps are a minor modification, notice the feet… I cut all of them of because I was going to cast gobbo wolf rider feet and make them into hobbos. well I switched gears and bought a ton of 4th/5th edition hobbos. Normally this wouldn’t be an issue but one of the things I’m looking to do with my army is to have at least one unit of every type in the army… so it was green stuffing feet on 40 of them… joy.

Next up : Allowing me to close in  even further on 4,000 points and some badly needed magical firepower is two sorcerers. For the shadow sorcerer I decided on a very simple scheme. I tried a test in a small spot on his cloak and it did not come out all that good. So decided to keep it plain and for some reason it just feels right for him.

The second is a fire sorcerer. He has been sitting on my painting desk for over a year. In fact if you go to page one of the blog you can see him in the background, but in a slightly different form, so I changed him to better fit my army.

Lastly, my nearly completed Frankenstein Orc assembled out of many pieces to fill out the last spot in the Orc unit of Big Uns.

Ghrask Dragh:

Nice job on the sorcerer, very twisted! I like Frankenstein’s Orc too, great use of bits :hat off

clam:

As always very, very nice stuff :hat off

Especially glad to see that someone could give Azhback the Grey the paintjob he deserved �?" a thing his former owner didn’t managed to do.

And Frankenstein turned out great - love him :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Especially glad to see that someone could give Azhback the Grey the paintjob he deserved �?" a thing his former owner didn't managed to do.  

clam
Indeed I owe you one!

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

You did a great job on the orc! Nice mob of gobbos :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

WOW that a lot of hobos willmark !!! wow that a lot of feet !!

ok how many feet are you talking about making 200??

Willmark:

No just for the gobbos I cut apart I was going use them as hobgoblins. So lets see 40x2=80 feet I had to re-add or there bouts as a few still had their original feet on them.

asheira:

i’ve always loved your army, and that sorcerer of shadows is a nice design

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull:

Hello,

I just readed trough most of the blog and the army looks really good. I really like that death rocket idea:), can I ask you what those heads are on the barrels?

Greetz

G

Willmark:

The heads are from Warhammer 40k. They are the tips for chaos predator tanks. I got the idea from by blunderbusses. I can’t take credit for it as one of our forum members named Wizzbang came up with them last year.

Bassman:

Are you going to field them 5X8? :o

why? Is it effective… I’m curious.

:shy:

Willmark:

why? Is it effective... I'm curious.

Bassman
Don't know I doubt they are ever going to actually see the field. Lets look at them for a minute:
- crappy stats
- no heroes
- no magic items

And last but not least... Special choice? Our Specials suck, but gobbos as special when they are Core for O&G armies?????

Bassman:

why? Is it effective... I'm curious.

Bassman
Don't know I doubt they are ever going to actually see the field. Lets look at them for a minute:
- crappy stats
- no heroes
- no magic items

And last but not least... Special choice? Our Specials suck, but gobbos as special when they are Core for O&G armies?????

Willmark
Oh, well, I believed you'd field them as hobgoblins... :h

Willmark:

Now that we are quite a bit along on Issue #3 of the WoH I might be able to actually get a bunch done on my army. right now the leading contenders are either my Death rocket or my 1st unit of hobgoblins. I am also starting to come up with some banner ideas for the Lammasu and hobbo units.

So in teh next few days hopefully some WIP pics will be up.

Plus my Golden Hat entry should be painted tonight.

Wait I became a Staff member why?

Fridericus_Rex:

Now that we are quite a bit along on Issue #3 of the WoH I might be able to actually get a bunch done on my army. right now the leading contenders are either my Death rocket or my 1st unit of hobgoblins. I am also starting to come up with some banner ideas for the Lammasu and hobbo units.

Willmark
Have you already thought about a BSB? Also I am looking forward to see the 'Nebelwerfer' and the Hobbos.

Willmark:

Have you already thought about a BSB?

Fridericus_Rex
I do have a BSB, its my count as "stoned" chaos dwarf sorcerer...

JMS:

:cheers Man I just love your shadow-sorcerer! Your whole army is very cool concerning both, conversions and painting style, but that sorcerer is just about the limit!!

very very well done! :hat off

Willmark:

Finally an UPDATE!

Since WoH #3 is out the door I can now show you a unit I have been slowly working on: Updates for my Death Rocket. Its at about 50% complete now. There is still a major amount of detail work but here is an idea.

I am also working on my chaos dwarf juggernaut, so take a look at the WIP shots there.

Dino:

This just looks really nice even though it isn’t finished. I wasn’t really sure how the rockets comming out would look but I must say they look really great. Hope to see it finished soon.

Kera foehunter:

that look great willmark the firing rockets are the bomb!!!

the cd with the wrench and rocket is cool ,he looks very evil