[Archive] 800pts Storm of Magic

Vogon:

The local store (Macclesfield) is running a SoM game next week and i’m going to be fielding my Chaos Dwarfs.

Now as this is in a Games Workshop store I’m not going to be able to use the miniatures I currently have as K’Daai Fireborn so they’re out.

I was thinking of the following

Daemonsmith Lvl 2

20 IG full command

10 IG Fireglaves

Magma Canon

5 Hobgoblin Raiders

For the 200pts of SoM stuff

Lammasu.

In theory the Lammasu can grab a Fulcrum 1st turn and then make good use of the magma cannon and see if i can get the Daemonsmith on another fulcrum.

One thing that I was thinking was that maybe 2 Daemonsmiths at level one would work better than one level 2 but what are your thoughts?

The only other realistic option at the moment would be an iron Daemon but I think that’s be a bit much for an 800 point game.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

Vogon

Vogon:

The local store (Macclesfield) is running a SoM game next week and i’m going to be fielding my Chaos Dwarfs.

Now as this is in a Games Workshop store I’m not going to be able to use the miniatures I currently have as K’Daai Fireborn so they’re out.

I was thinking of the following

Daemonsmith Lvl 2

20 IG full command

10 IG Fireglaves

Magma Canon

5 Hobgoblin Raiders

For the 200pts of SoM stuff

Lammasu.

In theory the Lammasu can grab a Fulcrum 1st turn and then make good use of the magma cannon and see if i can get the Daemonsmith on another fulcrum.

One thing that I was thinking was that maybe 2 Daemonsmiths at level one would work better than one level 2 but what are your thoughts?

The only other realistic option at the moment would be an iron Daemon but I think that’s be a bit much for an 800 point game.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

Vogon

MLP:

Not a bad little list and the lammasu idea sounds good. I’d prefer 30 hobgoblins with bows over 10 fireglaives though. I’d definitely not have an Iron Demon though, you’d hardly have anything else on the table!