[Archive] A big Thank You!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I would like to say a big Thank You for those who have donated model kits to Monster Hobbies at the AMMS show this past weekend (The Alberta Military Modelers Show). I would also like to re-thank those of you who have donated monies to us through our web site www.monster-hobbies.com on the “About Us” page through the “Donate” button.

This is a great help to my business, Monster Hobbies, as I am having difficulty getting funds from the government and banks needed to rebuild my business after the High River Flood. Currently, everything is in various stages of “Process”, however, pretty soon I will be going into a temporary location in a large “Sprung” Quonset style building before September’s Car Show on the 27th.

Getting back to the kit donation, the total was 47 new kits at an E-Bay estimated combined value of $1459.67! (Basically, I looked over a model kit, say a Sherman by Revell, found a number of examples and price ranges on EBay, added those all together and then divided the price total by the number of kits…did that for all the models and then added up the final result.)

These models were basically sealed or not-started model kits from people’s personal collections that they felt they were not going to build, decided to “thin” their own collection, or simply didn’t want, such as a military guy getting model cars for christmas. If anyone here wishes to do the same, I would greatly appreciate it. Please contact me via e-mail for more details. ursulescu@yahoo.com with the title “Kit Donation”.

This is a great start to getting my inventory back online! Thank you again for being so generous and helping us come out of the flood!

I’d also like to thank everyone here who has sent Chaos Dwarf models to help me rebuild my store’s “Standing Army”. I have received some really kool models for sure! Once I get time to actually sit down and re-evaluate everything, I’ll start composing the new CD Army. I’ve just been so busy lately.

Trevor Ursulescu

Monster Hobbies