[Archive] A big thankyou

Necrotique:

Really, I just feel like I owe you a big thankyou. I’ve had a rough year and the one thing I can rely on daily to cheer my up is reading posts on here, whether criticism, encouragement, or pointless banter.

I want to say a giant thankyou to the admins for creating and maintaining this site, and to the people of CDO for being a part of it. You’ve kept me motivated, inspired but most of all, you’ve given me a sense of belonging. I know that here is a place that I can come to show off my work no matter its quality and get honest feedback. It’s a place where I can get away from relationships and politics and simply enjoy the hobby which I love so much.

I know it’s cheesy, but you guys (and probably some girls) mean a lot to me for how you treat me with just the right amount of respect so as to be honest and yet not dismissive.

I’ve been through a battle with a growth earlier this year and the encouragement from here really helped get me through it emotionally, as well s the inspiration and escapism in your work.I was just a new poster back then and you had no reason to trust me or believe me and yet you helped.

I’ve since made quite a few buys and trades through here, and talked to many of you through PM and threads, and shared jokes and ideas. I wouldn’t have had this sense of community and warmth if I’d stayed lurking or joined nearly any other warhammer forum.

Without drawing it out too much I just want to say thanks to all of you - for sharing your time and your lives with me; it’s been a pleasure to be a part of this great community and I hope to be a part of it for many years to come!

To mods: If this is too cheesy or inappropriate feel free to delete. I’m very tired right now so I’m sorry if anything comes out wrong.

:cheers

Willmark:

Hope all goes well Dude, good on ya for liking CDO :wink:

G.2:

Thanks for the nice words Necrotique. I like reading these posts, when I get into work, and yours was the first I read this morning, and it was a very nice and heart-felt post, it gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside. This place is indeed a nice place to come, and get away from the real world for a while. I often use CDO as a “break” from the real world, and it works, so I understand exactly what you mean. I am glad that you are active participant, and not just a lurker. I know when I see that big lizardy avatar of yours, the post is worth reading. Good luck with everything, and keep on posting and thanks for the nice read (again).

tjub:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Anonymouse:

Awwww, I get a fuzzy feeling inside :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re welcome mate, got the same feeling often

Admiral:

In that case, I’d also like to thank the old veterans and mods that have made this site into this pure resource on all things Chaos Dwarfs.

Necrotique:

In that case, I'd also like to thank the old veterans and mods that have made this site into this pure resource on all things Chaos Dwarfs.

Admiral
^^
Seriously though, I just think that everyone deserves a thankyou for this. I've tried out warseer and dakka before but the level of support for anything on there is minimal to say the least. On the other hand, the people here would help you with anything from computer problems, medical issues or even just modelling, so I'm very grateful for it.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well, it’s great to have you here!

Zanko:

Thanx for this post dude! :hat off

I wouldn’t be able to describe it in a better way ! :cheers

:hashut

cornixt:

It’s always nice to know you are doing something right rather than just not picking up on seething resentment.

Borador:

Very nice post an I couldn’t agree more!

This community is really great :slight_smile:

Necrotique:

Again, thankyou all so much. I couldn’t cope with things the way they are without my escape through Warhammer, and I couldn’t feel inspired/skilled enough to do it without the help and encouragement from you guys. No matter my mood, going on here makes it better :slight_smile:

nitroglysarine:

I feel Warhammer helped me through my early years in school.

I was bored and bullied between the ages of around 11 to 14. I discovered warhammer in my 11th year and it gave me a reason to get through the day (as sad as it sounds).

As it ended up it was a useful distraction that gave me something to trade, make friends and to do!

Bit off topic, but yeah, we are awesome :wink:

ChungEssence:

Good stuff.

CDO is a great site

Hashut’s Blessing:

Wow, the whole evil dwarf vibe just left, didn’t it? :smiley: Hehehe, just mucking about glad that so many people enjoy the website and it helps them so much with whatever’s going on and that so many of you are about making it worthwhile coming on and telling all you miscreants off :wink:

Admiral:

Wow, the whole evil dwarf vibe just left, didn't it?

Hashut's Blessing
Each of us will have to torture a slave to death in order to compensate, and then eat it. :mask

Necrotique:

Wow, the whole evil dwarf vibe just left, didn't it?

Hashut's Blessing
Each of us will have to torture a slave to death in order to compensate, and then eat it. :mask

Admiral
Or make them eat each-other :hashut

Hashut’s Blessing:

None of you do that already? Gnoblar-cake is tasty. However, for a birthday cake, you can’t beat halfling-sponge!

Blue in VT:

:hat off

Yeah CDO is my Home on the Web…I can’t consider myself an old timer around here but I hope to be one day!

Blue

Necrotique:

Hehe, gnoblar-cake

I should check this page more often; it never fails to cheer me up