[Archive] A Few army lists for Critique

Draconis:

Starting tommorrow I am participating in a Mighty Empires Campaign. Apparently I have been told that basically this works on a challenge based list, so both opponents agree to a points based list and then go to war.

So here are a few lists that I would like critque on if at all possible.

1,000 point list:

Chaos Dwarf Hero with Armor of the Furnace and Great Weapon

Hobgoblin Hero with Armor of Gazrakh, Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the Cruel, and Great weapon

1 Unit of Chaos Dwarf Warriors: 21 strong, Full Command, hand weapons, heavy armor, shields. War banner

1 Unit of Chaos Dwarf Warriors: 21 Strong, Full Command, Hand Weapons, Heavy Armor, Shields. Banner of Slavery

2 Unit of Hobgoblins, Full Command, Shields, Light Armor, Hand weapons. 28 Strong

1000 points exactly.

1500 Point List:

Chaos Dwarf Hero with Armor of the Furnace and Great Weapon

Chaos Dwarf Sorceror, level 2

Chaos Dwarf Sorceror, Level 2

Chaos Dwarf Warriors, 20 Strong, Full command, Shield, Hand Weapons, Heavy Armor. War Banner

Chaos Dwarf Warriors, 20 Strong, Full command, Shield, Hand Weapons, Heavy Armor.

2 Units of Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses, Full command, 17 Strong each

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers

1 Earthshaker Cannon

2 Units of 10 Hobgoblin Archers, no armor, only bows. Used as screens in the front of the army.

2000 Point Army:

Chaos Dwarf Bull Centaur Lord with Armor of the Furnace, Shield, Black Hammer of Hashut

Chaos Dwarf Hero with Great Weapon, Armor of Gazrakh, Gauntlets of Bazhrakk the Cruel

2 Level 2 Chaos Dwarf Sorcerors

2 Units of Chaos Dwarf Warriors, 20 Strong, Full Command. Hand weapons, shield, Light armor. 1 Unit with War banner

2 Units of Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses, Full Command. 20 Strong

2 Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers

1 Death Rocket

2 Earthshaker Cannons

1 Unit of 10 Hobgoblin Archers, bows only.

So that’s the basic idea. Thoughts, critiques?

catbarf:

List A:

I don’t think you can combine the Gauntlets and a great weapon. I also think that armor is overkill for a cheap, crappy Hobbo hero. Other than that, very solid list.

List B:

Why 17 BBs in each unit? If you had 18, you could arrange them 6x3 for maximum frontage. Looks good otherwise.

List C:

Why a Bull Centaur hero? You have no BCs. Keeping him in with Warriors is something of a waste… I recommend swapping an Earthshaker for some BCs. Also, you might want to consider adding more magic- two level 2s won’t cut it. Other than that, looks fine.

Draconis:

List A: Gauntlets aren’t a weapon. They’re an enchanted item. Thus, I can equip a great weapon AND them as well. As there are no rules that I have seen stating otherwise.

List B: 17 is all I could afford unfortunately. I tried to maximize them as best as I could but 17 was all I could squeeze into the points.

List C: I wanted to see how the extra punch of a BC lord worked out. Put simply, it’s an experiment. Also, I don’t have my Bull Centaurs ready yet either save the one. I have to tear them all apart, strip the paint off, file them down so that they are free of mold lines, green stuff the cracks so that they look decent, re-prime and paint them up. List C is an experiment completely, so we’ll see how it goes. I usually prefer to go magic heavy but I want to see if a hero heavy list can still pull it off.

Uzkul Werit:

For list one, drop the Gauntlets and the Banner of Slavery for two Bolt Throwers. The Gauntlets will end up killing more of your stuff than they’ll kill the foe and the Banner is only effective when you have loads of Hobgoblins. The other lists seem tough enough but still drop the Gauntlets in each list.