[Archive] A forgeworld Beast of Chaos. What do I use it for?

Swissdictator:

I won this a while back at a tournament. The pic is not the one I have, but it’s the same figure. (I like whoever painted mine’s paintjob better).

What in the world do I use it for?

GRNDL:

Oh I dunno, how about… and try to run the old imagination on this one… something chaosy… something beastly…??

Alternatively, you can just plop it on the mantlepiece. It IS Forgeworld you know… But if its like 90% of my Forgeworld stuff it will remain in a box to be used solely for bragging about. :wink: Like my Hyena Titan… /sigh

clam:

As it’s a Spined Chaos Beast it would be natual to include it in a Chaos Army. How big is it - could it be used as mount? Think, it might look cool if it had some kind of Mortal Lord on its back and then again, with that pose it really looks like it’s draught beast - so why not a Warshrine drawn by this beast?

Kera foehunter:

i use it as a rinnox and put an ogre on it …that is a cool piece Swiss ,you alway have cool stuff

Xander:

Clearly you want to throw some chains on it and make it into a Hellcannon. :wink:

snowblizz:

As a Giant Spined Chaos Beast using the rules from Forgeworld?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/pdf/warhammerchaosbeast.pdf

BTW, why is WHFB FW stuff so hard to use compared to 40k FW stuff?

Is it just Apocalypse?

Swissdictator:

The blasted beast is larger then a Stank!

If I could fit it on the base it might not be a bad DoW giant…

Hashut’s Blessing:

Beat me to it snowblizz. Alternatively, you can use it as a normal spawn or the giant spawn (of which there are rules on there too) or maybe Scyla Annfingrimm, the Khorne special character…

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

I always thought it was a FW Chaos spawn you could always use it for that

Hashut’s Blessing:

There is anpther FW model that is a Giant Chaos Spawn, but this is the Chaos Giant Spined Beast or something similar.

Ubertechie:

A friend of mine uses one in his minotaur beasts of chaos list using the FW rules and it is a royal pain in the butt - imagine a spawn that is resilient and can deal out damage - basically it pins a nasty unit in place whilst his minotaurs (all with mark of khorne) go on the rampage then they come back and finish what it has pinned.

Ghrask Dragh:

I would like to see monsters like this used as slave beasts, why would we just enslave people or greenskins, rules wise a DoW giant would be cool or maybe you could have it pulling something along like a triple-headed hellcannon or a siege tower.

Kera foehunter:

how big is this guy swiss the size of a hell canon

Ubertechie:

how big is this guy swiss the size of a hell canon

Kera foehunter
Kera
He is longer but not (quite) as tall and a lot more bulky than a hellcannon

grom:

Its bigger spawn ;]

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

clam:

maybe you could have it pulling something along like a triple-headed hellcannon or a siege tower.

Ghrask Dragh
That would be awesome - so now we all know what Swiss is doing for GH VIII :D

Revlid:

The answer is clear.

Buy/model two Hellcannon-y barrels. Strap them onto his shoulders, along with a Palanquin of crewmen on the back.

Walking artillery. Epic.

EDIT: Or, you know, just sell it.

Baggronor:

Chaos Giant? With mark of Khorne for S7 maybe?

Kera foehunter:

wow that is big!!!you could use it as a horse for a giant