[Archive] A-levels

The captain:

For anyone in the UK and of my age…ish, its our A-level results day. Anyone else here had this horror inflicted upon them?

And for anyone who cares, 3 solid B’s :slight_smile:

Pyro Stick:

…I got a B and 2 C’s…and i failed English…

cornixt:

Don’t worry about all the “The exams are too easy” people. They’ve been saying that long before I got my A-levels 10 years ago. The grades don’t mean anything some you’ve got a degree, anyway.

Titanomachy:

A-levels? Please, help an American out and tell me what they are.

hal:

It’s like the British equivalent to the SATs (I think), basically the end of secondary school exams.

We have the Leaving Certificate here.

Lord Darkash:

Actually i think thats GCSEs your talking about. A-levels are one up from this and completely voluntary and harder work. I didn’t do any alas, i felt my GCSEs wernt really good enough.

cornixt:

A-Levels are taken at 18, the final exams before university. You only study 3 or 4 subjects rather than the full range.

torn:

A levels are that useless, some graduate opportunities will take you if you have so many UCAS points, rather than having a degree itself, as it still shows a level of intelligence needed. then again uni is so much fun i reccommend everyone to go :slight_smile:

congrats by the way

Uzkul Werit:

I found out my AS results yesterday. I was on holiday so I had to get they mailed to th house. I got three A’s (Politics, Media and History) and one B (Drama).

Ghrask Dragh:

Congratulations Uzkul! :cheers