[Archive] A New Hope!

AmyBlue:

Hashut

Known also as the Lord of Fire and Darkness, Hashut is the god of the Chaos Dwarfs. He is depicted as a giant bull that carries an eternally lit flame in his insides.

The Chaos Dwarfs give sacrifices to Hashut by throwing their enemies into pits of molten ore, burning the victims alive.

Hashut gifts his most loyal followers with magical powers known as “Chaos Dwarf magic” - powers that will slowly turn the user into stone. Others are transformed into creatures that can only be described as perverted forms of bulls.

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=694

Taken from the Mythic Entertainment website, while it’s not ideal: ie a new army book, new minis, or comfirmation that we’re actually remembered, this raises my hopes (mildly) that we might actually get to see digital tall hats at some point in the undetermined future…

…we do get top billing over the horned rat, too.

Woohoo!

Willmark:

There certainly does seem to be a lot of noise around chaos dwarfs these days in many venues at that.

Let’s hope it reaches critical mass; I remain unconvinced, still April and we have had these rumors for years.

Hopeful but still a realist here.

AmyBlue:

Live in hope, die in dispair?

…or is that, die at the whips of the most glorious lashes of the mighty and beneficent chaos dwarves?

…I forget.

In any case. I would be really really really suprised if we didn’t show in as an NPC bad guy, many years down the line, after mythic has exhuasted all the more well known possilibites. :slight_smile: So, cheers for that. <3

Gaixo:

I think that’s the thing about it: an MMO needs to produce new creatures with more frequency than a tabletop game. This is somewhat less true of WAR because of its PvP emphasis, but I still think you’re likely to see CDs in a computer game before you see them in White Dwarf.

Loki:

Good find AmyBlue any thing that gets us more exposure is always a good thing in my eyes :slight_smile:

Henroth:

Hashut

Known also as the Lord of Fire and Darkness, Hashut is the god of the Chaos Dwarfs. He is depicted as a giant bull that carries an eternally lit flame in his insides.

The Chaos Dwarfs give sacrifices to Hashut by throwing their enemies into pits of molten ore, burning the victims alive.

Hashut gifts his most loyal followers with magical powers known as "Chaos Dwarf magic" - powers that will slowly turn the user into stone. Others are transformed into creatures that can only be described as perverted forms of bulls.

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=694

Taken from the Mythic Entertainment website, while it's not ideal: ie a new army book, new minis, or comfirmation that we're actually remembered, this raises my hopes (mildly) that we might actually get to see digital tall hats at some point in the undetermined future...
...we do get top billing over the horned rat, too.
Woohoo!

AmyBlue
If to give hope. I to wait that, the late or early, Chaos Dwarfs to have a new army book. :)

"When the river sound, water take".

Grimstonefire:

Much as I hate to be negative about these things, but just because there is fluff there doesn’t mean that CD will appear in Warhammer Online.  Nor does it mean a new book is on it’s way.

I think the Warhammer Online people are probably just fleshing out the warhammer fluff.  But it is an interesting read anyway.

Sounds like Hashut needs a heartburn tablet.

Border Reiver:

A chaos dwarf army book is never late - it arrives precisely when it means to.

AmyBlue:

Much as I hate to be negative about these things, but just because there is fluff there doesn't mean that CD will appear in Warhammer Online.  Nor does it mean a new book is on it's way.

I think the Warhammer Online people are probably just fleshing out the warhammer fluff.  But it is an interesting read anyway.

Grimstonefire
"You don't really need a good reason to celebrate, or whip your hobgoblins".
~ Old Chaos Dwarf Saying. ^_^

...although I gotta say, the charactization of Hashut (thrice blessed in darkness) got me thinkin', when we finnally get a new book, there totally needs to be a warmachine what lobs molten metal on our enemies...
...sorry, my mind works in strange ways.

Cheers! :cheers

dedwrekka:

Much as I hate to be negative about these things, but just because there is fluff there doesn't mean that CD will appear in Warhammer Online.  Nor does it mean a new book is on it's way.

Grimstonefire
Hey, whatever brings up the old soil in Warhammer gets it more exposure.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Chaos Dwarfs in WAR. Mythic has this thing, where if you see it from them you can do it or you will see it. One example was the orcapult and slayer in the first opening sequence (The orcapult latter made a quick, and abrupt appearance in the final cinematic).
They may not be playable, but they will more than likely make an appearance somewhere.

Swissdictator:

Possibly one of those live events they do? Like how they’ll have the Tomb Kings show up for a while?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I wonder just how complex the entire Warhammer world is to program in these computer simulations? You have vast armies, each with their own unique rules and charaturistics…where would a programmer draw the line and limit things?

also…does anyone have the old 1995 Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat game for PS1. I have it, but haven’t got to the end. Anyone know if the Chaos Dwarfs are in that one?

AmyBlue:

I have it for the PC. Alas, no chaos dwarves…

…orcs, goblins, squigs, skaven, and assorted associated monsters.

I don’t recall there being any chaos, but it’s been decades.

Kera foehunter:

Yea Amy !! that’s a great find !!

Welcome back !!

Border Reiver:

I have Shadow of the Horned Rat and its successor game (whose name escapes me) for the PC. I remember they were really hard to play properly. I also remember that there were no chaos dwarfs.

cornixt:

If it is included in the game, then we might actually get a definitive way of pronouncing “Hashut”

Grimstonefire:

I could tell you how they say it in Mark of Chaos, but I’ll let you listen instead. :wink:

This doesn’t seem to work just clicking the link, you have to right click and save it.

GRNDL:

@Tarrakk

They are very complex, trust me. However, it takes more than programmers to make things happen. Also, the complexity is deceiving - not every enemy character is unique. There is a broad system of mechanics that can be combined or selected, so the developers don’t have to specify everything. That being said, it would take some work to get things in - however, when you build MMOs you have to keep adding things at least every year to keep things interesting to players. A lot of players in WAR have left simply because they’ve ran out of “new things” to see and do.

Its not beyond the realm of possibility to see CDs in WAR, but its not going to happen right away.

AmyBlue:

If it is included in the game, then we might actually get a definitive way of pronouncing "Hashut"

cornixt
I've always said it Has-Hut. :hat off

dedwrekka:

I could tell you how they say it in Mark of Chaos, but I'll let you listen instead. ;)

This doesn't seem to work just clicking the link, you have to right click and save it.

Grimstonefire
Everytime I hear that I can't help but imagining that they're sneezing when they say it. Maybe it's what Chaos Dwarfs say instead of "Achoo".

CD1: "Ha-ha-haSHUT!"
CD2: "Blesses you"