[Archive] A new interview with Gav

Servius:

Well back in the SoC days i was an Avid Kislev Player… and it chapped our arse that Chaos basically overtook Kislev without a fight… so me and like 100 other players who supported Kislev as a standing army formed together on Warhammer Empire and Took a stand in the north of Ostland for the Glory of Kislev… We held up the Tzeentch Advance for almost Half the Campaign… then in the story one week out of nowhere they wrote that Archaon went up killed the general of that army and put his son in charge… the next week the Tzeentch army jumped straight over our blockade basically to be on par with the rest of the armies as far as progress… When it was pitched to the players, SoC was said to be a way for Players to effect the history of the storyline of the game… While I never expected Chaos to win in any truely meaningful way (maybe they take it then something bad happens like the Skaven Doom-Hemisphere ends up being a neutron bomb or the like) regardless, I always thought that basically ignoring the battle reports completely for the sake of their obviously pre-planned, pre-written campaign story was a cop-out considering how the Campaign was Original pitched. The only campaigns I participated in that GW supported that I ended with a Feeling that I wanted to do it again or that I simply didnt feel like i have been conn’ed was Dark Shadows and Eye of Terror

snowblizz:

I think GW see the people on forums as a relatively small part of their overall business strategy
We are. The internet crowd are a very vocal minority.

Thommy H
Of course most other industries have grasped the concept of "lead users" and how important they are.

If me and my friend would abandon GW they'd quickly loose about 20 customers as there'd be noone to keep the gaming going around here. Also the reason other gaming systems haven't taken hold here. We can't be arsed to learn new ones.