[Archive] A piece of art

Grimstonefire:

For those who can remember back that far, I did a compendium of concept art over on HoH, it grew very large in the end as I did a lot more art than I originally planned.

Anyway, here is a new bit from me.

The idea behind it is explained here

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5648

This being the western dwarf first moving east.��Its larger than it would be for a flash intro, but I wanted to save it this big for now.

Xander:

Very nice, Grim! Looks great.

hal:

Nice work, I’d love to see more.

I can’s draw at all, it’s embarrassing.

Revlid:

Very nice, although I can’t help but think that he looks a bit too “modern-day” Dwarf for the first Dwarf to move East.

Grimstonefire:

I never really thought about that actually. What would ‘classic dwarfs’ from thousands of years ago look like?

Revlid:

I have little to no idea. :cheers

Probably less fine clothing, more crude craftsmanship (this was before the Ancestor Gods taught them how to smith), untamed and scraggly beards, no Ancestor faces (for obvious reasons)… I don’t know. Just generally far less “defined” in their appearance than current Dwarfs. Closer to the more savage Dwarfs of Norse legend?

Xander:

Dwarfs are people of tradition… you’d think they wouldn’t change much. I should bust out my old Dwarf army book…

Grimstonefire:

Another one from me.��This one is supposed to represent the initial bombardment of Zharr Naggrund by the magical storm when they turn into Chaos Dwarfs.��It looks quite nice in black and white as well. Its made from 6 pictures.

Title:��End of Days

Incase my other one isn’t on here as well:

Title:��Run!