[Archive] a question about mantic dwarfs

Samanos:

so yeah mantic sells CD but honestly speaking im really excited by them.

what i want to ask is whether has anyone considered to buy the normal dwarfs and convert them.do u think it would look better?

Discoking:

About a year & a half ago, I bought the £50 Abyssal Dwarf army box.

They are their normal dwarfs, but with metal additional bits (helmets/more “chaotic” weapons/shield emblems/blunderbuss addons).

I personally didn’t like them once I got them. I prefer unity in my ranks;

& as each helmet is different, I ended up resenting the purchase.

I think you could use their normal dwarfs.

Their cannons aren’t Chaos Dwarf enough though!

inkpwn:

I have a box worth of regular mantic dwarfs I’m willing to sell for cheap if you want to give conversions a go.

Their non command chaos dwarfs look off, with the eye helmet and all that jazz.

JMR:

My first go at creating a Chaos Dwarf army was using regular Mantic dwarves. You can find pictures of the conversion work I did on them in my old blog, located in my signature.

Samanos:

My first go at creating a Chaos Dwarf army was using regular Mantic dwarves. You can find pictures of the conversion work I did on them in my old blog, located in my signature.

JMR
they are excellent, but my only issue is that i prefer masks.
anyway, i'll see what i can do.

inkpwn thanks for the offer, but right now i am low on cash so i will have to decline:(

Kera foehunter:

Does anyone have decent picture of theAbyssal Dwarf ??

i havn’t seen them in a decent picture to make me want to buy them . Throw i might if there a good picture :frowning:

KramDratta:

They are their normal dwarfs, but with metal additional bits (helmets/more "chaotic" weapons/shield emblems/blunderbuss addons).

I personally didn't like them once I got them. I prefer unity in my ranks;

Discoking
Same thing happened to me & I've been looking to sell them ever since Forgeworld released their models.

Kera foehunter:

Does anyone have decent picture of theAbyssal Dwarf ??

i havn’t seen them in a decent picture to make me want to buy them . Throw i might if there a good picture :frowning:

KramDratta:

They are their normal dwarfs, but with metal additional bits (helmets/more "chaotic" weapons/shield emblems/blunderbuss addons).

I personally didn't like them once I got them. I prefer unity in my ranks;

Discoking
Same thing happened to me & I've been looking to sell them ever since Forgeworld released their models.