[Archive] A question about the Sorcerers Stone Curse!

Obsidian:

I have a question about the Stone Curse that affect Chaos Dwarf Sorcerers when they get older.

The fluff is that because of the use of magic, their bodies slowly turn into stone untill they become immobile. My question is do just their bodies turn to stone or also their attire? (clothes, weapons, jewelry etc…)

I ask this question because I want to make a model soon that is either turned to stone or far in the process of.

So what are your views in this matter? :hat off

Obs.

Willmark:

Check my blog for my count as army standard for your answer. :slight_smile:

Thommy H:

There isn’t actually an answer and of course it makes no sense that their clothes would transform too… Nonetheless, the idea of naked stone Dwarfs lined up on the road to Zharr Naggrund seems a little but too much for any sane person to take. The consensus therefore is that their clothes transform too. This picture:

Seems to show that the Sorcerer’s boots have turned to stone rather than his actual feet, so I guess it should extend to the rest of his clothes too (though this doesn’t explain why the hem of his robe remains cloth).

Obsidian:

It’s kind of a mystery isn’t it?! The only feasable reason I could think of as why his clothes and such would turn to stone too is that it might be because of the Sorcerer’s aura.

Another option is that it would be just the body turning to stone and that his followers keep dressing, and taking care of him.

Would make it visual slightly more entertaining too I think.

Also on another note, when the Sorcerers turns to stone and becomes immobile, the fluff says they are lined up on the roads leading to Zharr Nagrund.

An idea I had for a special character was that one of these ancient Sorcerers had the willpower, or had found a way to overcome the Curse, instead using it to his advantage.

A totally other concept would be that the Sorcerer would become immobile but that His stone shell would still contain some (or much) magic in it. These statues would be carried into battle as holy relics, (War Altars) strengthening the morale of the troops, or as power sources that would allow other Sorcerers on the battlefield to further power their own spells with.

Again, thoughts anyone?! :cheers:

Ghrask Dragh:

A totally other concept would be that the Sorcerer would become immobile but that His stone shell would still contain some (or much) magic in it. These statues would be carried into battle as holy relics, (War Altars) strengthening the morale of the troops, or as power sources that would allow other Sorcerers on the battlefield to further power their own spells with.

Again, thoughts anyone?! :cheers

Obsidian
Sounds pretty sweet to me! You can see it happening, would look good being carried into battle similar to that brettonia guy

Obsidian:

Hmm, I guess it’s a bit similar indeed.

Still, I think I’ll make it just to see how it will look. In the end I could use it just like Willmark’s ‘counts as’ army standardbearer or as an army mascotte…

Willmark:

This should help:

wallacer:

do just their bodies turn to stone or also their attire?

Obsidian
I'm guessing if their clothes didn't get turned to stone then all the Sorceror statues would be naked (unless someone bothered to drape them in cloth or something).

Naked stone Dwarfs should pretty much kill any chance of our army being redone...

Kera foehunter:

i don’t know about that wallacer!!!

it might make the walk in the city more fun!!

lol

Hashut’s Blessing:

I don’t think fun is the word I’d have used :wink:

After all, they’d all be rock hard.

Willmark:

I’m guessing the pun was intended on that one…

wallacer:

it might make the walk in the city more fun!!

Kera foehunter
Speak for yourself.

Kera foehunter:

sorry!! he he !!!

back to topic

i think a have stone sorceror would be cool

stone from the bottom upto the waist

Willmark:

Well mine is removable so I can use him as a sorcerer if need be.

Kera foehunter:

willmark !!! that is the BEST stone sorceror i ever saw !!!

just to let you know!! it cool

Willmark:

:hat off

Feel free to make or create your own take on it as mine is a take on Ishkur’s concept art.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’m still deciding what sorcerer I should make that is turning to stone. Probably fire and if i do, it’ll be The Blessed One.

As for the pun, of course :wink:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Gives the tourists some place to put their hats! :smiley:

Willmark:

Wallacer had the most funny statement regarding it last year, something about tourism and the statues lining the road to Zharr-Naggrund.