[Archive] A really silly question - Chaos Dwarf units


This is really silly but sometimes my knowledge of english goes wild…

About RH list

The question is… may I have great axe and blunderbusses together? when in english i find

Either a great axe or replace shields with blunderbusses…

what is the correct meaning?


These are the options as I see/read it.

Hand weapon, heavy armor, shield


Hand weapon, heavy armor, shield and great weapon


Hand weapon, heavy armor and blunderbuss

Hashut’s Blessing:

Shakhorth is correct.

It means that you don’t have to buy the upgrades, but can. It also means that you can only choose one upgrade. Lastly, if you choose the Blunderbuss, you pay the points and lose the shield.

So, as has been said:

Hand Weapon and Shield, Shield and Great Weapon, Hand Weapon and Blunderbuss.

Under the new rules, if you have a “special weapon” (meaning great weapon or flail or morning star or halberd, etc), then you cannot use your hand weapon. If you have a shield, you can only use it with a one handed weapon (morning star, hand weapon, spear, etc) and can always use it against shooting.

Hope that helps!


This is the way it was translated in italian and I usually played it;)

It was the “either” that made me have the doubt

Thank you!

Hashut’s Blessing:

GW is famed for poor translations, but at least you played it properly :smiley:

Glad to be of help.