[Archive] A Slightly Different 2.4K RH Thread for Games Summit Ottawa

Border Reiver:

As the title suggest, I plan to attend the above tournament in February (see their website for more details). I plan to go with my CDs, although I am receiving some gentle pushing to go with a more recognized army. I want to test this list out, and would like some feedback on what I may be missing or need to tweek.

Sorcerer lord with the Chalice of Darkness and Gold Sigil Sword

CD Hero with The Armour of the Furnace and a Great Weapon (general)

CD Hero BSB with the Armour of Gaz

48 CD Warriors, Full Command with a War Banner and Great Weapons*

18 Blunderbussiers with full Command

30 Sneaky Gits with Full Command

20 Black Orcs with full command and shields

2 Bolt Throwers

2 Earthshakers

10 Bull Centaurs with full command with the Banner of Eternal Flame, and heavy armour**

*I am prepared to reduce the size of this unit to 38, as I have had excellent success with GW armed warriors in a horde against undead, HE and Empire, the jury is still out on WOC and other armies, and also for cavalry as they seem to stay away from the horde.

**This is unit I am ready to drop the fastest - I’m not convinced of the survivability of a big block, but want to test it first. If others experience or my own practical experience makes sense, I may drop this unit to 5 or 6 with just a musician and champion. Then I would definitely drop 10 Warriors, add the fully kitted out wolf riders (10 with LA, Shields, and bows and a musician), move the magic banner to the Bluderbusses and give some magic weapon to the BSB.

Baggronor:

Sorcerer lord with the Chalice of Darkness and Gold Sigil Sword
Sadly the magic weapon only provides a bonus in the combat phase according to the latest faq. So no dodging Purple Suns for him :(

Maybe try 21 Blorcs, 7 x 3? More attacks than a block of 20 in 5 x 4, plus the block of 20 will likely not benefit from that third rank after a round of combat anyway.
This is unit I am ready to drop the fastest - I'm not convinced of the survivability of a big block, but want to test it first. If others experience or my own practical experience makes sense, I may drop this unit to 5 or 6 with just a musician and champion. Then I would definitely drop 10 Warriors, add the fully kitted out wolf riders (10 with LA, Shields, and bows and a musician), move the magic banner to the Bluderbusses and give some magic weapon to the BSB.
I would drop them, yeah. A support unit of 6 should be fine, while a large block of 10 still isn't that much more survivable. Wolf Riders should be handy with the vanguard move, able to threaten enemy war machines straight away.

Rock Bottum:

Ok

I think you should drop some CD , they will do the job fine with 40

only a musician in the BB is enough( quick reform), the CD with BB are not for fighting.

maybe 10 more sneaky gitz so you can lose some and still get horde ( in horde 40 poison attack )

20 BO will just die with in 2, take more or drop them.

Bring the bulls to 5 or just drop them

Where are your HG’s?

Border Reiver:

Thanks for the input - I’ll let you all know what happens after I get a game in

Loki:

Have you had a chance to play test the list yet ? I would not go for 10 BC as they area massize points drain 5 is better unless your using the indy gt list then with them having chaos armour they are worth taking in a big block.

Let us know how the army tests and best of luck for Feb :slight_smile:

Border Reiver:

I’m out of town on an army course til Saturday - I may be able to get a game in on Sunday with my son, but no promises.