[Archive] A Tale of 4 Gamers!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, we managed to complete our first month and all of us succeeded at completing all tasks. We’re in the process of awarding new ones and once I have useable pictures for the blog shall show off the objective markers and present the points standings so far, as well as say what our next month’s tasks are (we managed to all get together last night and discuss it, fortunately).

I’m not going to let anybody drop out ;D

Hashut’s Blessing:

Been yet another update, which I need to make a quick edit to because I forgot to announce what we’re doing for this month (so, wait 2 minutes until you read the post :smiley: ).

Still, got some pictures and sorry it was delayed, but I blame lost dongles!

Grimstonefire:

A random question, did Stormsoul base the look of the sprite on Avatar? Nothing wrong with that, just curious. It’s a nice model btw.

How many more zombies are you planning to make, for raising?

You might want to tell Sousunou that a plastic warp lightning cannon is coming out in january. :wink: If he hasn’t bought it already.

Willmark:

Need to see some photos to start marking progress.

Hashut’s Blessing:

GSF: No, she didn’t, lol :smiley: Although she thought that it looked like one when she was finished ;D

Well, I can only raise them as part of a unit, so I’m not sure. I’ll probably just see how many I can make from left-overs. I’m thinking that all of the Dwarf-heads/torsos left over from the skeletons can be converted to be dragging themselves from the ground and just use those solely as raisables and leave the fully formed and fighting ready Dwarfs as the zombies that I start off with :smiley: So, that’d likely mean about 32 spare, but I doubt I’ll get to make many during these first games anyway :smiley:

Sousunou is on the forums anyway, but I’ll let him know :smiley:

Willmark: At this stage in time, we’re just trying to prepare ourselves. As my next blog update will point out (assuming that I get Skyjacker’s picture soon!), we agreed that building/painting will begin around Christmas time (we have reasoning behind it, but wanna make sure the blog has a point :smiley: ).

Hashut’s Blessing:

Another minor update, with a few WiP pics of terrain.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Updated again!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Grimstonefire:

In my experience if you use cardboard base with polyfiller it will eventually crack, as card warps in time. :wink:

This may or may not be a problem, if the place where you are using the filler will not be that noticeable.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, the bases are all cork tiles, the cardboard is a slight raiser on my river sections and a height-bringer to the wood base, so hopefully shouldn’t have a problem fingers crossed :smiley:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Sorry to all, but I have FINALLY updated again!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Another update, this time with pictures and commentary from someone that isn’t me!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Yet more updates! This time, we have the scores and the announcement of the next task!

Grimstonefire:

You’d probably find Artists Gel Medium (heavy gloss) a lot more realistic for the water than PVA.

http://www.stormthecastle.com/diorama/diorama-water-and-water-effects.htm

PVA you’d need to put a really thick layer on (or successive ones) to get anywhere close to what a single layer of ‘water effects’ would achieve.

I wouldn’t buy ‘water effects’ though, as it’s just artists gel medium at twice the price. :wink:

I like Stormsoul’s terrain, it looks like a proper forest and not the ‘3 trees = forest’ GW would have people believe.

Hashut’s Blessing:

GSF: Thanks for the tip! I knew PVA wasn’t the best way to go, but was also aware of just how overpriced GW’s water effects are.

I was planning to do lots of successive, thin layers of PVA to prevent it not drying properly/going misty etc. I’m thinking I’ll look into the gel medium (thanks again) and try to find one I can be prepared to pay for. Until such a time, that piece is done :wink:

As to Stormsoul’s terrain, her response was a high-pitched and excited ‘Yay’ with a big grin. So grats on making a gal happy :wink:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Updated it a couple of days ago, but only just got around to adding the pictures. Yep, finally got osme pics of models!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Yet another update, with a couple more pictures of a model, a few pictures of terrain progress and a desperate plea for help!

to4g.blogspot.com

Hashut’s Blessing:

Update again with the added bonus of scenarios!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, updated again! A little preview can be found here, but I’d recommend looking at the blog where you can see everything.

Also, can y’all check out the trailer for Ramblers, a 10 part comedy webseries which has Baggronor’s artwork, my acting, Warhammer tournaments and the CDO dice project dice in it, please?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Another update with my completed army, a large chunk of Stormsoul’s done and some info!