[Archive] A wealth of unfinished projects [Blog] Update 05 12 13

DAGabriel:

Since I am one of those people who can`t finish a project without 1 to 10 breaks i have quite a lot of things distracting my from Chaos Dwarfs.

First and foremost is the “medieval village” i am trying to collect for WHF/Mordheim/Malifaux.

Second is an old love, my Tomb Kings army.

Third is my growing Malifaux Gremlin band.

On the side track my Dark Angels, a small Renegades/CSM army, finishing my SpaceHulk, some Empire troops for the village and so on.

But let us start with what i have finished for my village:

a look inside:

A barn:

vulcanologist:

Unbelievably good!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

ryanamandaanna:

very nice!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

DAGabriel:

Next the Town Well:

And a small vegetable garden:

ryanamandaanna:

did you get the models online?

DAGabriel:

Yes, the house and the well are by Tabletop-World, the barn is an old one by Forgeworld, the vegetable garden is by escenorafia epsilon.

Can recommend the first two wholehartedly, the last one was a lot of work cleaning and filling bubbles.

G.2:

These are indeed really nice. Heaps of detail. I am really liking your painting style, especially on the vegetable garden. Fantastic job overall. I wish I had that many terrain pieces. Looking forward to seeing photos of these on a gaming table, with some minis around them.

DAGabriel:

Next a tour through my watchtower,

please enter here:

a look into the entrance room:

Next you enter the first fighting room:

and the big fighting platform:

highest and last the duty quarters:

DAGabriel:

And a look from the outside:

Some details:

Nicodemus:

Man, these are all looking seriously impressive!! If it weren’t such a daunting task I’d be looking to get started on some major scenery for Mordheim or something.

And I have to ask… where did the green leaves come from??? They look fantastic and this is something I’ve been having real trouble making myself!

~N

DAGabriel:

They are by Ziterdes, lasercut paper. They are really cool and easy to use.

tjub:

Great looking terrain you have there! Impressive… :slight_smile:

Bassman:

Beuatiful terrain, some of the best buildings on the market.

Great painting as well, you should be proud! :slight_smile:

Nicodemus:

They are by Ziterdes, lasercut paper. They are really cool and easy to use.

DAGabriel
Wow, that's pretty simple! I had no idea it could look so good. I'm a bit of a paperphile (I've made my own a time or two before). I think this could be done pretty easily with good quality acid-free paper and some paint.  Sometimes I do wish there was more fancy stuff I could do with the bases of my Chaos Dwarfs besides lava, rocks, dead enemies, metal, more lava, etc. Don't get me wrong guys, those things are great!! I'm not turning into a Wood Elf or anything!  Maybe I should consider working on a couple of themed Chaos Dwarf units - like a Chaos Dwarf attack on a Wood Elf glade or something ;)  I could throw in the odd dead elf amongst the fronds and grass ... maybe a unit filler of Chaos Dwarfs setting fire to some tree kin or something ;)

OK, that was a bit off topic. Great stuff!! Thanks for the tip!
~N

DAGabriel:

The next house in my collection:

ryanamandaanna:

dude, your scenery is amazing! My mom lives in Germany… I may have to come over for a visit… :wink:

DAGabriel:

dude, your scenery is amazing!  My mom lives in Germany... I may have to come over for a visit...  ;)

ryanamandaanna
Give me a pm some days before you arrive, perhaps we can have a game or do some painting. Where does she live?

ryanamandaanna:

She lives in Velburg. I may be going to Germany on a business trip sometime in the next year, in which case I’d definitely be down. :wink:

DAGabriel:

Oh my, that is about 470 km from my home. Am living near Treveris among lots of members of the US-Airforce. But if it isn`t to far for you you are welcome.

Kera foehunter:

** Kera snickers**

this is a wreath of finish project !! I have a selves of unfinished stuff !!