[Archive] Additional Options for Chaos Dwarfs

Willmark:

One of the things I loved about 3rd edition was there were so many options for weaponry that a player was spoiled for choice. Anything after 3rd has resulted in every army being near identical. 4th edition being a shining example of this. GW has been of the stance that it helps to “theme” a race but to me it seems like every army of a given race is nearly identical.

Tell me your thoughts… What additional weaponry should chaos dwarfs have access to, flails for example?

Uzkul Werit:

Doesn’t really matter for me as I alwaus use shields and never buy Great Weapons. Notmal Dawi Zharr are fine in this regard. Hobgoblins could do with spears (the ROR do) and Immortals will most likely get GWs, even though something more interesting like a Halberd would be nicer.

Ghrask Dragh:

My favourate marauder is the one with the ball on a chain, maybe they could have one or two in a unit a bit like night goblin netters? They definetly look alot better rules or not.

wallacer:

I’ve always thought it would be kind of neat if Chaos Dwarfs were armed with nets.

Most of their wars are supposed to be to capture slaves, after all.

cornixt:

CDs now have more weapon choices than they did in 4th/5th. Back then it was just GWs and heavy armour allowed for warriors and BCs. The only reduction is on the orc and goblin side (Goblins with great weapons were excellent!)

wallacer:

Goblins with great weapons were excellent!

cornixt
Surely a goblin "great weapon" would just be the equivalent in size terms of a normal orc or human hand weapon though?
madness, I say.

Willmark:

CDs now have more weapon choices than they did in 4th/5th. Back then it was just GWs and heavy armour allowed for warriors and BCs. The only reduction is on the orc and goblin side (Goblins with great weapons were excellent!)

cornixt
I'm talking going back to the rules for all armies in 3rd. The different options were way cool.

Theory_Man:

CDs now have more weapon choices than they did in 4th/5th.��Back then it was just GWs and heavy armour allowed for warriors and BCs.��The only reduction is on the orc and goblin side (Goblins with great weapons were excellent!)

cornixt
I'm talking going back to the rules for all armies in 3rd. The different options were way cool.

Willmark
Indeed, I remenber giving my lizards all sorts of different weapons. Skinks with toothpick spears, haha... Good Times.

Arlon:

skinks with toothpick spears

confused

Willmark:

Skinks are small, and their spears are scaled to their size. Kind of like halflings with spears???

gIL^:

scale of spears varies but they all work to an extent, typicallty if you gave a bunch of 5 year olds spears scaled to them and they ranked up orderly i still think it would be rather scary and a bit dangerious for the normal man.

stats dont follow weapons but the model using it. but i do think goblins and shouldnt be s3.

by all means a goblin spear would not be as effective as say a human one but alot if spears would be a pain for anyone attacking them

Willmark:

I was clarifying for Arlon there Gil.