[Archive] Adepta Sororitas or Witch Hunters?

Mosk:

Ok so…

Chicks with guns… and tight power suits :)… or Dudes with flame throwers, priests, PENITENT ENGINES (E GASP), Imperial Guard, and chicks with guns and tight power suits?

Which do you all think I should do?

GRNDL:

Witchhunters, simply because you can have it all!! However, I don’t know how they play, but if they’re anything like the Daemonhunters, they’re pretty hard. I have a friend who’s quite a strategist but can’t win worth a fig with his Daemonhunters. /shrug

Mosk:

I have played Imperial gaurd (heavy on the storm troopers) for years. I play imperial gaurd really wierd. I play them very mobile, tons of flamers teehee.

I hae a few chimera that transport storm troopers around and some reg squads and I drop them off really close to enemy, and release the flames :slight_smile: It also helps having 2 hell hounds to back you up and being very good at guessing ranges :slight_smile:

Also Daemonhunters I think should be a bit harder then Witch hunters, I think DH get to over powered by numbers, atleast that is my experience playing against them as my bro has them. Witch Hunters I think have just a bit more stuff then DH and can for sure have more troops on the field, and they have to be more mobile,and they get a ton of Flamers…

I may just go overboard on flamers as i tried to do with my eldar (that is a big big big no no for any eldar player btw meaning do not give as your only special weapon ,to any unit that can take it, all flame throwers, especially if your force is almost all storm gaurdians…)

I think for now I am going to experiment…

Mosk:

I think what I will end up doing is…

For HQ

have two cannoness with various stuff…

for elites

have one repetina squad (converted from daemonettes, I am waiting for my green stuff to arrive…) (and prob a priest in here)

1 squad of acro flags (just because they look awesome and might as well see how they work, these will also be converted, i dont know how yet but they will!)

1 squad of Celestine (1 veteren and 5 sisters in an imollator)

For troops

3 groups of 9 sisters and 1 vet inside a rhino

2 groups (or more I have 4 squads lol) of 9 storm troopers with a priest in each group (with a chimera in each squad with turret mounted flamers and hull mounted flamers)

For fast attack

1 group of dominions 10 of them 4 w/ flamers and mounted in a rhino

2 squads of Seraphim - because they are cool and I have heard they are good too…

for heavy support

I have two options here…

go for a really fluffy looking army and have

1 exorcist

and 2 squadrons of 1 to 3 Penitent Engines

or

2 exorccists and

1 squadron of 1-3 penitent engines

but there is just an idea of what I probably am going to do.

I may end up converting all my sisters using daemonettes as bases to be covered with green stuff, and then added bits here and there.

Captain Crayon:

I totally voted for witch hunters too.

I love the inquisition :stuck_out_tongue: I have a daemon hunters army but ive never even opened the 40k rulebook…

I dig the seraphim though… I want some for my army :slight_smile:

superfella:

2 groups (or more I have 4 squads lol) of 9 storm troopers with a priest in each group (with a chimera in each squad with turret mounted flamers and hull mounted flamers)

Mosk
list is ok, but if your wanting the storm trooper units to be effective, id either drop the priests from the units, or take adeptus arbites instead of the storm troopers with an attached priest.

the priest means the unit always counts as moving, so you lose the 12-24 inch part of your hellgun's range. makes more sense to take the arbites with shotguns, as you will have essentially the same range & number of shots, plus the option of shooting THEN assaulting, whereas if you take stormtroopers you will only be able to do one or the other...

Mosk:

so Superfella

cant you use storm troopers as count as arbites?

superfella:

so Superfella

cant you use storm troopers as count as arbites?

Mosk
Depends where you are really, not sure if a GW store would let you.

I did for a while until I could afford enough of the Necromunda Enforcers to make two units with shotguns & flamers.

I just love those models. Especially the Judge models with the trenchcoats.

Anyways, in my opinion, so long as you told your opponent that they were arbites and, therefore, carried shotguns not hellguns, there should not be a problem.

Obviously there are some gamers who would twist that you cant use proxys, but Id just pack my stuff up and find someone who wasnt a moron to play against rather than argue with them.

Thommy H:

They should let you - the option to count Stormtroopers as Arbites is in the book. It’s not some crazy house rule, but an actual legitimate option (albeit one presented as a “designer’s note”).

Anyway, why are you picking between Witch Hunters and Sisters? They’re the same army. Can’t you just collect both and then give yourself more options?

superfella:

Again, any decent gamer would let you, but some would twist saying that the models have hell guns not shotguns.

anyways, the enforcer models are soo great that i cant see why anyone would not want to buy some!

slev:

When I was with GW, we encouraged “counts as” units, if they added top the army. The staff did it all the time! (CDs as DoW Dwarfs in a Chaos army, Clanrats on Giant Rats as Dow light cav, etc).

Thommy H:

Again, any decent gamer would let you, but some would twist saying that the models have hell guns not shotguns.

superfella
But it's an option in the army list... I mean, if you're trying to use Stormtrooper figures as Arbites then they have a point on WYSIWYG grounds, but if you have Arbites figures then what's the issue? I really hope you haven't met anyone who actually called you up on this, because you should probably have hit them with the rulebook or something.

superfella:

superfella
But it's an option in the army list... I mean, if you're trying to use Stormtrooper figures as Arbites then they have a point on WYSIWYG grounds, but if you have Arbites figures then what's the issue? I really hope you haven't met anyone who actually called you up on this, because you should probably have hit them with the rulebook or something.

Thommy H
Thats what my point was, apologies if it wasnt clear.

There isnt an issue if you have arbite figures (or shouldnt be!)

And yeah, ive had people call me up on it, and as per previous post, i just packed up my things, told him where to go and played against someone who wasnt a prat!

Thommy H:

It’s a little bizarre that someone would mind, really, since Shotguns are a pretty obviously inferior option compared to Hellguns. Sure, you can fire twice and still assault, but who’s the hell’s trying to charge with Stormtroopers in the first place? You also lose the targeters.

I do like the idea of an Arbites army though and I’ve entertained the idea of an army of them for some years now. They’d be led by an Inquisitor Lord with Crusader henchmen and a couple of familiars (represents a Judge with Arbites Supression troopers and some cyberhounds) and the rest would mostly be Arbites squads.

two_heads_talking:

It's a little bizarre that someone would mind, really, since Shotguns are a pretty obviously inferior option compared to Hellguns. Sure, you can fire twice and still assault, but who's the hell's trying to charge with Stormtroopers in the first place? You also lose the targeters.

I do like the idea of an Arbites army though and I've entertained the idea of an army of them for some years now. They'd be led by an Inquisitor Lord with Crusader henchmen and a couple of familiars (represents a Judge with Arbites Supression troopers and some cyberhounds) and the rest would mostly be Arbites squads.

Thommy H
you charge with stormtroopers in order to tie up a unit for a short amount of time.. sometimes, just enough to take the objective and win. I've charged with them on many occassions and have even obliterated a few units with all the shooting and assault.. it's doable, so that's who's the hell charges with them.. ME!!

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Oh damn I forgot that WH could have all that of well I voted for sisters (although I wished I voted for the WH)

zorbak twilly:

Well I would go for witchunters because then you would have the best of both worlds.

Mosk:

Ya i think i will end up going with witch hunters. Also question for any of you to answer,

with arbite instead of storm troopers, are the stats diff? or is it just the fact that you are using a diff weapon, is that the only diff?

Thommy H:

You have the book, right?

Mosk:

Ya i do. Question there hell gun has AP, shotgun has none… Isnt AP only for vehicles? (sorry noob question I am getting back into 40k again havent played for a while) and also… Combi crossbow? I like this for facing my buddies chaos army :slight_smile: but back to the arbites on page 34 of the book … and I actually fully read the designers note… " By replacing troopers hellgun and targeter with a shotgun with no at no extra cost all other options remain unchanged." (desginers note pg 34 witch hunters codex)

Ok so here is my thing…

I want acro flags and pentitent engines, so I need priests, What is the pros and cons of having a priest in with my storm troopers? would it be more effective just having them be Arbites, and can arbites also have heavy weapons, since “all other options remain unchanged” (desginers note pg 34 witch hunters codex)

Also I am on the cheaper side of life and an all metal army… ya…

So my idea that I bought some daemonette bodies from a bits seller on ebay, and I plan on cutting off the bottom part of the leg (the part that bends back so its daemonic looking) and adding feet in its place, Sculpting a hooded head, and I have plenty of chain swords from my imperial guard, but my only thing I dont know what to do for the arms. Are there any plastics sets that have female arms (or female looking arms)?

And for my priests (since I really do not like the current priests out) I was thinking about converting some empire flagalents since they have all the torches and stuff that really fits where I want to go with my witch hunter army (an army with lots and lots of flame :))