[Archive] Advice on Infernal Guard

Barghest:

First off, if this isn’t the best thread for this please let me know (in a non-sarcastic or inflammatory way, preferably).

I’m trying to decide how best to equip my Infernal Guard and while I’ve been leaning toward Fireglaives (I love the way they look!), I wanted to hear the opinions of others before I make my decision and start chucking money at Forge World.

Any advice that can be offered would be appreciated, please and thank you!

Castellan:

Welcome to the forums, Barghest! Now, for Infernal Guard it depends on the size of the army. How many points are we talking? Either way it may be best to take a lot more Infernals, as less with Fireglaves (I.E. -2 Fireglaves=1 Infernal). Even so, Fireglaves are pretty good, and I myself am testing them out. Good luck with your Chaos Dwarfs. :slight_smile:

-Castellan

gIL^:

Im more for IG with great weapons. Blunders if the game is 3000pts

Barghest:

Thanks, I appreciate the prompt replies!

Initially I was going to start adding them to my Warriors of Chaos army in order to build them up over the next year or so (waiting on Bull Centaurs, haha). Having said that, most games in my region are organized at about 1850 points.

Castellan:

Then I would try out different types, and use a variety. As GIL said, Great weapons are good, at +2 strength. At 1850 points I would for sure try out Fireglaves.

-Castellan

gIL^:

Then I would try out different types, and use a variety. As GIL said, Great weapons are good, at +2 strength. At 1850 points I would for sure try out Fireglaves.

-Castellan

Castellan
At 1850 get 20 fireglaves for your WOC and a hellcannon! Sorted for shooting!

ChungEssence:

I would say Fireglaives as their is no model substitute and like you say they look great.

The St 4 shooting and +1 strength is no joke either. I think get at least 1 regiment. I’m going to get at least 10 just for the models. I’ll certainly use them

Baggronor:

Hand Weapons and Shields all the way. Leave the shooting to the big guns imo.

Ogre_Mage:

I prefer a unit with blunderbusses, and if there are points left for core I’ll take a few fireglaives.

txamil:

Blunderbuss!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Gammal:

I played a game with Fireglaives, they did ok, as usual my opponents avoid my dwarfs like the plague.

I usally play 2400 and im gonna give the blunders a go next time :slight_smile:

wallacer:

I used a unit with Fireglaives in a game I played.

The one thing I took away from it is that they’re great at defending buildings. They can shoot at anything heading towards them and once they’re in combat they get S + 1.

dromar:

I used 2x10 fireglaives against an ogre and they did very poor things:

Hard to hit and wound, then smatched to the ground by S4+

I prefer to use blunderbuss:

Of course, they have poor range but they are very good at shooting down infantry, cavalry and others in defense mode.

And because they keep they HW & S, they are more resistants in assaut.