[Archive] Alan the Evil's CD army. Time for Glory!

Bassman:

Check last post to see what happened :wink:

Hello to everybody,
I’m finally back to the forum with something new! :slight_smile:

At the beginning of summer I was commissioned by a member of the forum to paint his Chaos Dwarf army.

This project is almost complete so I wanted to show you the result of my efforts, so you could tell Alan he completely wasted his money :wink: Eheheheh :slight_smile:

Let’s start with the green skins, hobgoblin archers:

Bolt thrower crewhobbos:

Bolt throwers:

I really enjoyed to paint Alan’s collection of classic Chaos Dwarfs.
He promised me to post some pictures of his Dwarfs in action, I wish he keep his word :wink:

But hte best is yet to come in the very next days…

Obsidian:

Aw you tease! Starting with Greenskins, show us the Chaos dwarfs! :slight_smile:

clam:

Alan, I think it was a wise decision asking Bassman to do this.

I love you style of painting - and so glad to see you back painting CD. And these first one seems to be worth every cent. Awesome :hat off

To things, though:

1) Please stop using those thumbnails pictures - as Imageshack takes so long to load - and … it reveals more than you might like :rolleyes:

2) Where the hell are the CHAOS DWARFS :stuck_out_tongue:

Bassman:

Clam: you’re damn right! Sorry :confused:

Edited my first post.

Do you want chaos Dwarfs? Get these blunderbusses with my new amazing color scheme :wink: ehehheheh:

nitroglysarine:

albino CD’s!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

clam:

Don’t be sorry - I already knew :wink:

Not so sure about the colour scheme on the BBs! Maybe the need a few more highlights - perhaps try highlight them up to pure skull white - And then they seems to blend in to much with the base, maybe you should try a bit more contrast :smiley:

You teaser :stuck_out_tongue: - at least you could have zoom in on the beautiful red one.

Unzul:

ehy, nice work on the hobgoblins bass…

Baggronor:

it reveals more than you might like
I'm more intrigued by this! :)

Nice start, looking forward to seeing more :cheers

Alan the evil:

I always had a dream: a painted army! But I’m totally denied for the hobby!!
After GH #9 I wonder if bassman, who lives in the same city of some relatives of mine, could paint my army and I try to ask him.

After his part of showcase I gonna post some picture of miniature during rough battle!!

Bassman:

Aaaah, when you said you wanted Chaso Dwarfs you meant PAINTED Chaos Dwarfs! :o

Here come the Chaos Dwarfs!

Those are pictures of samples to try the color schemes, you can see (from left to right):

blunderbuss with complete (definitve) basing,

warriors’ color scheme one (chosen by Alan)

warriors’ color scheme two (rejected)

death rocket crewdwarf

Loki:

Some great work there Bassman, always good to see some well painted big hats :hat off

Alan the evil:

Patience pals…

the best has still to come!!

Obsidian:

Nice! I like Alan’s choice best. :slight_smile:

clam:

Patience pals...

the best has still to come!!

Alan the evil
Well you are talking to the guys that have been waiting 15 years for an book update - so, I think most of us are good at being patience :D

And for colour scheme - well ... hmmm !! Red ... Black ... Gold - looks rather familiar? Can't put my finger on it - but I have that feeling, you know. The feeling of seeing it al before :P

But darn well executed - and like said Alan, you chose wisely :D

Alan the evil:

Well you are talking to the guys that have been waiting 15 years for an book update - so, I think most of us are good at being patience
LOL:P:P:P
I have no doubt about our legendary patience!!

I choose red/black/gold colours to make infantry different from BB.
I like BB red/black thinking that they must be covered in ash because of blunderbuss powders.

Instead I prefear bright yellow for hobbos because they are already green (and red must be the dominating colour... you know... fire and lava).
I figure out that a  mix of bright colour red/yellow/green is something easier to see in the battlefield and so enemy could choose them like target for missiles!!  
Slaves must be first to fall!!

dncswlf:

Instead I prefear bright yellow for hobbos because they are already green (and red must be the dominating colour... you know... fire and lava).
I figure out that a  mix of bright colour red/yellow/green is something easier to see in the battlefield and so enemy could choose them like target for missiles!!  
Slaves must be first to fall!!

Alan the evil
ah ha ha ha... perfect! Have to keep that in mind when I do mine!

Bassman:

Saturday’s night little present :slight_smile:

Wish you like them :slight_smile:

Alan: nice theory about hobgoblins… that’s probably why I painted mine with bright yellow hats :smiley:

dncswlf:

niiiice, love the subdued reds, looks great!

Alan the evil:

bassman told me that this was the hardest unit to pay.

I don’t know if your expert eyes are able to notice it, but these are not original BB…

they were made by a friend a mine with resin…

when they arrive in bassman’s hand they also need a restauration and i 'm very glad about the work he did!!

wonderfull!!

Hazkar:

nice colorsceme…classic but a little bit different from the usual one

cant wait to see the rest