[Archive] Alternate paint schemes for horrors?

Grimstonefire:

Although they are quite far down my list of things to buy, I quite like the idea of collecting some horrors.

After looking at those plastics, what I’ve been wondering is how you could paint them to actually look horrifying, and what I decided was that painting them a bit like tyranids may be the answer.

Mainly black, but with some hints of purple and pink.

Thoughts?

Thommy H:

Paint them like fire, with reverse higlighting. You could do different colours, but all going from white in the recesses to black on the raised areas.

Baggronor:

Perhaps something with metallics? My mate has been experimenting with mixing metallics into his colour schemes with some surprising results; his metallic sheened Cold One is quite cool (sparkly greens).

Or maybe some directional lighting effects; glowing eyes, flaming arms, etc? As they are Plastic, you could even try melting them into each other :o

Xander:

I like your black idea, like oil with light hitting it, creating a bunch of other colours on its shiny surface.

Loki:

The black idea gets my vote as well sounds cool :slight_smile:

Kered:

I would say black and an electric blue.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I’d go with several different Citadel washes - painted somewhat overlapping to create different shades on each model and create a truly chaotically coloured unit that still has a very unified scheme.

If that makes any sense to you, that is. g

AGPO:

If you’ve got the time, I’d suggest giving each one an individual scheme. Not only will each model be truly unique, but there’s two other advantages:

1) it allows you to experiment with new techniques

2) such a varied unit is very Tzeentchian