[Archive] Alternative Hobgoblins(1)

Zanko:

I found these alternative Hobgoblins at the webstore of Otherworld Miniatures - imo quite cool guys:

You can see better pics and the homepage - here

:hashut

clam:

I will seriously consider using them - if I ever will add greenskins to my army:

- but I’ll be needing a big wallet - £3.00 each - 18 figs at £50 :~

Many great miniatures in there. These command figs rocks - and that shaman is a must have:

Thorne:

They are pretty cool ! I dont think I could find a place for them in my army but darn cool.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Awesome…but what’s with the blue noses?

dncswlf:

The blue is sunscreen, the orange skin is very sensitive to sunburn ha!

I love the samurai feel to them! Very cool, I’ll have to keep them in mind… but I don’t think I’d go with blue noses either :wink: let em burn hahahah

The Brain:

These guys are really cool. Though it does not look like they ship to the US.

Disastro:

If I’m remembering it right, these look like interpretations of TSR’s Dungeons and Dragons hobgoblins, right? Bigger and burlier than even orcs, and usually ran around with those samurai-style helms…

They’d almost fit in a Chronopia Blackblood army, too… for all three of you out there that remember the game. :wink:

clam:

These guys are really cool. Though it does not look like they ship to the US.

The Brain
I'm pretty sure they do:
International orders are sent by Airmail Parcel Post for packages up to 2kg in weight, or by DPD road couriers in Europe for larger orders. Shipping large (over 2kg) orders outside Europe is an expensive business, but can be arranged.

Otherworld

Neil:

Awesome...but what's with the blue noses?

Tarrakk Blackhand
I may be wrong, but I seem to think that in D & D hobgoblins have (or originally had) orange skin with blue noses.

Forgefire:

I think your right Neil. Nice miniatures.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

@ Neil -

I’ll have to look through the Monster Manuals sometime.

TwilightCo:

These are great. They remind me of the old Mudat’s Mercenary Half-Orc Maniacs regiment.

clam:

Found another alternative for hobgoblins - but I guess only Snotling would be able to use them :smiley: :smiley:

They are upcommings from torgaming.co.uk

Bassman:

Clam! Those are fantastic! I’m in love :slight_smile:

Brtions have never been so cool :slight_smile:

BLOOD AXE:

Nice Hobgoblins, but if you are going to pay that price, then just buy the originals.

Zanko:

Nice Hobgoblins, but if you are going to pay that price, then just buy the originals.

BLOOD AXE
Imo 2,70GBP per lead mini is not a really bad deal.

... and in my opinion and for my liking these minis are much cooler than the GW ones!

BLOOD AXE:

Im not denying they are neat. But can you use them in GW tourneys? No. You gotta consider that if you play.

Hobgoblyn:

Awesome...but what's with the blue noses?

Tarrakk Blackhand
I may be wrong, but I seem to think that in D & D hobgoblins have (or originally had) orange skin with blue noses.

Neil
Yes, those are definately D&D Hobgoblins. The 3rd edition Monster Manual said that Hobgoblins usually have blue or red noses and yellow-orange skin. They are also 6.5-7' tall (not sure how they converts to meters).

However, I don't know that any official D&D artwork ever depicted them that way. Even the very popular image of one in the Monster Manual didn't have a blue nose as I recall.

I don't know how they'd work as WarHammer Hobgoblins though who are 5.5' tall with long noses, ears and chins... I guess if someone got some and painted them in the right color scheme with green skin, one could make a better judgement. They might actually make pretty good models for heroes.

Zanko:

Im not denying they are neat. But can you use them in GW tourneys? No. You gotta consider that if you play.

BLOOD AXE
O.k. that's the difference between us ... I don't care about any "official" GW tourneys! ;)

I just want a cool looking army and great miniatures! :cheers

Borador:

Those Britanan puppets look cool, the artwork on their site looks very promising aswell. I’ll keep an eye on those!