[Archive] An idea for GW, thoughts?

cornixt:

We sort of discussed that in this thread https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/7696

Here is a more up to date version of what I wrote:

The false rumour was that a Chaos Dwarf unit would be available as a special choice in the Mortal army. It would have an upgrade for ranged attacks.

So, how to deal with turning your CD army into a Chaos army with a single unit like that? Obviously, the CD warriors and blunderbusses are taken care of by the normal unit. Bull Centaurs suddenly become rock-hard as Chaos Knights. Hobgoblins have to be rebased as Marauders, or dumped in favour of Marauders or Chaos Warriors (doesn’t look like there will be any new core units). A Taurus makes a decent dragon. There might be a Hellcannon available, but you’re stuck with DoW for any other normal war machines. For weird stuff, you could use the chariot rules for crazy Chaos Dwarf machines (or Tenderisers and Whirlwinds) plus the giant could be your Kollosus.

So the main consequences? No war machines (at least not as a normal BT, DR or ES), and the very cheap HG units will be gone. Other greenskins are completely out. Big upsides in a fully legitimate army list that doesn’t have some opponents questioning officiality, and new models. It would still be a relatively rare army, although as a theme for Chaos rather than on its own. The success of the models could spur a proper full Chaos Dwarf army. Lots of options for slaves like Ogres and giants.

I’ve got mixed feelings, obviously I’d prefer a proper CD list, but this single unit opens up so much in the way of being a proper army, possibly in advance of a full Chaos Dwarf army.