[Archive] An Interactive Story/Army Blog - Thoughts please

Auretious Taak:

Okay, so greetings everybody.

Yesterday or the day before, Kera foehunter commented that her slaves chewed up space that could better be filled with food or wine, so I stated she could trade me her slaves for food or wine and I’d pay handsomely for them. This of course led to a pm with a single slave donated, so woot! However, there was a twist, this single slave will apparently lead me to the other 212 slaves out there, and I followed this up enquiring as to how I could approach this quest for 212 more slaves. So I beat some information out of this slave, I haven’t heard his name yet, he’s ina pool of blood in the back as we speak but still kicking tee hee. Anyways I have a colour. Blue. And a direction. Up. I expect it involves the sky, but the sky around these parts is all smoke filled. Maybe I need to head north or something first?

This has progressed in the space of 2 PM’s to me coming up witha fantastical idea that could prove quite interesting both for the community, possibly for The Word of Hashut, and definitely for me and my Chaos Dwarf Army as a whole.

I can mess around with all sorts of things, but a story based quest thread could work, with people jumping in and posting something else along the way and if people think I should find more slaves (ie donate to me more slaves) as I go then that could work in nicely, this of course willr equire them to post up something in text to justify it all or maybe PM me to get somethingw orked into my next chunk of written work et al. There’s 212 slaves out there I need to find, tee hee, heck I could have some fun and every slave I find convert and paint up aa a miniature for my army, after all the army list section has me with a list with 259 Hob Goblins in the force plus warmachine crew…Could be a nice way to go about it, maybe in my blog. A Story based blog, with people throwing slaves (forum slaves that is) at me when I find them in the story based quest et al, but that’s up to people to chip in and make it interesting.

What do you think of this as an idea? An interactive army blog where it’s a story highlighting adventures and me slowly working my way up to my own army…hmmm, this could be interesting. In the process, any slaves I come across I get to convert up and paint as I go. And lets not stop at Hob Goblins either, some down trodden elves and dwarves would be equally amusing, lol. Ideas are wanted, would you as a community be up for something like this? As an aside, I’ll have no time for at least 3 weeks to get this started. But ideas and feedback appreciated. I kinda like the idea, it’s one way to get motivated, and also a way to get me writing up a full and comprehensive army background from the first skirmishes to the final battles as I push forth to preach Hashut’s word to the world!

Cheers all and have a great day,

Auretious Taak.

Kera foehunter:

since there a lot of people on line. this might be a fun way to inter act with everyone here!! of cource in the off topic section !!!

i think it a great idea!!

Obsidian:

And there went another minute of my life I won’t be getting back… :s

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Did anyone get that?

I didn’t

two_heads_talking:

Color me confused too. I have no idea what you are talking about. I barely was able to figure out that Kera donated a slave to you… I feel like the audience when peanut and Jeff Dunham make a joke…

see 6:35to 6:43seconds… nyeeeaoouuuhhghgh (over my head)

VideosHub | Popular Internet Videos

there is explicit language, so if that kinda stuff offends you,

Auretious Taak:

Because none of you are fit to wear a big hat, I’ll treat you all like a mere stunty and break it down so you can all understand it, except kera, cause she’s awesome!:hat off

Okay, so greetings everybody.

Auretious Taak
I bid the world greetings, and all who live and don’t within its sphere.
Yesterday or the day before, Kera foehunter commented that her slaves chewed up space that could better be filled with food or wine, so I stated she could trade me her slaves for food or wine and I’d pay handsomely for them.
Kera, a comment made by her, that her forum slaves chewed up space better filled by food or wine! You can’t eat HER slaves! Oh Noes! I made an offer, I could trade her food and wine for her slaves and we’d ALL be happy!

This of course led to a pm with a single slave donated, so woot!
The aforementioned slave donated to me, seriously it took you two_heads_talking all your mighty brain power to NOT read this senetence? Then figure it out? Shakes head and looks at his Hob Goblins in disbelief!
However, there was a twist, this single slave will apparently lead me to the other 212 slaves out there, and I followed this up enquiring as to how I could approach this quest for 212 more slaves.
A QUEST! DELIEVERED UNTO ME!
So I beat some information out of this slave, I haven’t heard his name yet, he’s ina pool of blood in the back as we speak but still kicking tee hee.
I used a club…with spikey bits in the end. Yes, I did!:cheers
Anyways I have a colour. Blue. And a direction. Up.
The Quest! The Quest has begun!
I expect it involves the sky, but the sky around these parts is all smoke filled. Maybe I need to head north or something first?
Further musings on what these clues could mean!
This has progressed in the space of 2 PM’s to me coming up witha fantastical idea that could prove quite interesting both for the community, possibly for The Word of Hashut, and definitely for me and my Chaos Dwarf Army as a whole.
2 PM’s, me and kera, back and forth yes-yes. Idea, spwaned were they. Coommunity as a whole helped, contributed to, yes-yes.
I can mess around with all sorts of things,
Ideas for completing the quest doth follow!

but a story based quest thread could work,
Just read that part of the sentence a few times if it still hasn’t sunk in.

with people jumping in and posting something else along the way and if people think I should find more slaves (ie donate to me more slaves) as I go then that could work in nicely, this of course willr equire them to post up something in text to justify it all or maybe PM me to get somethingw orked into my next chunk of written work et al. There’s 212 slaves out there I need to find, tee hee,
How to go about the thread!
heck I could have some fun and every slave I find convert and paint up aa a miniature for my army, after all the army list section has me with a list with 259 Hob Goblins in the force plus warmachine crew…Could be a nice way to go about it, maybe in my blog.
More musings!
A Story based blog, with people throwing slaves (forum slaves that is) at me when I find them in the story based quest et al, but that’s up to people to chip in and make it interesting.
This sentence says it all really.
What do you think of this as an idea?
Well? What do you think?

An interactive army blog where it’s a story highlighting adventures and me slowly working my way up to my own army…
Clarrified the above point.
hmmm, this could be interesting.
Musings and indication that I am about to launch into another idea as I type the post up in the first place!
In the process, any slaves I come across I get to convert up and paint as I go. And lets not stop at Hob Goblins either, some down trodden elves and dwarves would be equally amusing, lol.
Oh look, In doing this quest Kera has started with her slave and the 212 other slaves I get to quest for in a story based blog where if you the community feel I have done enough to merit new slaves you drop me a PM or contribute something directly to the story, ie the blog of my army progressing which I shall build as more of a community project spurned on by the rest of you helping to encourage me along and at the same time we get an epic story and background for an army written up as we go, and by we, I mean primarily me with any community members contributing being the rest of we.

Ideas are wanted, would you as a community be up for something like this?
Self explanatory really.
As an aside, I’ll have no time for at least 3 weeks to get this started. But ideas and feedback appreciated. I kinda like the idea, it’s one way to get motivated, and also a way to get me writing up a full and comprehensive army background from the first skirmishes to the final battles as I push forth to preach Hashut’s word to the world!

Cheers all and have a great day,

Auretious Taak.
Again self explanatory.

Oh look 3:59am, right within the time periodd I’ve discovered I speak my mind as bluntly and openly as possible and damned the consequences! Freedom deserves to be abused!

Thoughts welcome on the CDO Community Army Blog interaction idea thingey I have proposed here.

Cheers,

Auretious Taak.

Auretious Taak:

I should REALLY not touch forums early in the morning.

Ignoring my wonderfully harsh tones in the above post, does it make sense what I am proposing? What are your opinions and suggestions, if any.

Cheers and thanks for feedback,

Auretious Taak.

Taak that explamation didn’t help :stuck_out_tongue:

Kera foehunter:

lol i say get it started!!

GRNDL:

I believe he wants to blog his army by telling its story of how he got his 213 slaves. So, there would be this interactive story where one week he’d get 5 slaves, another he’d get 1… etc, all the way to the end of the epic story at 213 or something.

That’s my guess, anyway.

/puts away Rosetta stone and Enigma machine.

I believe he wants to blog his army by telling its story of how he got his 213 slaves. So, there would be this interactive story where one week he'd get 5 slaves, another he'd get 1... etc, all the way to the end of the epic story at 213 or something.

That's my guess, anyway.

GRNDL
Oh now I get it

yes sure if you want to :cheers

Auretious Taak:

I believe he wants to blog his army by telling its story of how he got his 213 slaves. So, there would be this interactive story where one week he'd get 5 slaves, another he'd get 1... etc, all the way to the end of the epic story at 213 or something.

That's my guess, anyway.

GRNDL
Oh now I get it

yes sure if you want to :cheers

Godbob and his jolly rogers
Yes, but the slaves are donated slaves from you forumites. If you want to see me expand the story or the army then PM me some slaves and maybe a riddle or some information that could lead to the next few slaves et al. I won't have any time to begin this for 2.5 weeks, however I have started fiddling with a Sorcerer conversion so that should be interesting if I can make it work.

Cheers all,

Auretious Taak.