[Archive] An off-beat question about Dwarf Thunderer Rules

Rattler:

(We’re talkin’ regular Dwarfs here.)

Okay, so I know that Dwarf Handguns are armor piercing. That means -2 armor save. They’re also S4. Does that mean that they convey a -3 armor save modifier when shooting?

All help appreciated. Thanks! :cheers

grom:

AP means that besides of normal S armour modifier it gives bonus -1… so thunderers have -2 to AS :wink:

Hashut’s Blessing:

As said by grom, armour piercing is -1AS not -2AS, therefore, cumulatively, it makes thunderers shots -2AS.

grom:

All black powder weapons have AP… (and warpstone powder ;))

minty:

Don’t forget those western dwarves get +1 to hit aswell, damn there gromil undergarments for there mastery of black powder

Lord Zarkov:

I never understood that; IMO there was a reason they didn’t give guns to elves.

torn:

because elves wont mine black powder?

Rattler:

Ohhh…sorry I thought it was -2 AS for armor penetration. I haven’t been playing that long, and just saw -2 on the internet. :stuck_out_tongue:

Undeadninjas:

Dwarfs are renown for their marksmanship abilities. In 6th edition, they only got the +1 at close range, but they could also move and fire. Which was rather odd. In 7th edition they cleaned it up by basically giving their thunderers elf ballistic skill without a stat change. I think its rather ingenious.

As for the armor save, the base save modifier for Strength is based on a scale such that any strength higher than 3 penetrates armor by one point per level of strength beyond 3. Armor piercing adds one to this. Thus, the handguns penetrate armor by -2 with a strength of 4.

minty:

it’s how well made the guns. these new ones have scopes and such to increae balistic skill and aim, along with other improvements

Undeadninjas:

Which is not to say that they aren’t better marksmen than the empire marksmen… But good point, its the guns more than the guys.