[Archive] An Ogre Irongut

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Here’s #1 of 5 Ogre Iron Guts. This Iron Gut was painted in the “Blood all over weapon” style. He’s been a busy boy, bludgeoning his enemies! (I sprayed Tremclad Gloss Fire Red and Gloss Raspbury on him from the front only. He’s cleaner on the back.)

My camera batteries died after this, but hopefully it’s enough for now.:hat off

GRNDL:

Whoa! Tremclad? Thats pretty hardcore! Are you planning on him becoming a garden gnome? :slight_smile:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

You know he’ll NEVER rust! :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

wow !! omg that a lot of blood more than most mortal have in there body!!

BUT I LIKE IT !!!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

All in a day’s smashing! :smiley:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looks excellent :stuck_out_tongue: Since it’s always good to have some criticism, I’d have to say it looks like a little TOO much blood (did I really just say that?), but I think it’d look perfect if you removed some blood from the top and back of the helmet (otherwise, it looks like the blood spray is from the wrong angle). So, it;s not so much less blood, but a different angle from where it came from. otherwise, damned fine model and it;s been pulled off incredibly well for the rest of him!

Kera foehunter:

WHAT NO RUM BARROW !!!

mr t no rum barrow wow poor ogre

what does he drink after a hard day of smashing

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Ummm…blood. He’s an Ogre after all! :smiley:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I would look just a tad better if a bit of metal would show through the blood here and there. Right now it seems he just painted his armour red.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yeah, something got lost in the translation with the rusty weapons and armour. Looks better from the back, as you turn him around. Then it makes sense.

Auretious Taak:

Well shoot us a back shot then please. :slight_smile:

Also, the spray on the leggings, did you use a toothbrush and flick the paint on? I tried that once and it went on too big and blotchy, it needs practice of course, but I am curious to know how you did it.

Auretious Taak.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Sprayed the whole “Bloddy” thing with a bottle of Tremclad paint from a distance. The bigger splatters are straight from the can.

Willmark:

Looks a bit too shiny.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

It’s fresh! :smiley:

Here’s the rest of the Ogre, plus his friend.

Hashut’s Blessing:

His friend is looking a little better as you can see his actual colouring beneath. I assume it was a slightly lighter spraying? I still think you may want to repaint the first’s helmet and give it a less intense burst of blood.

Kera foehunter:

well i like the hammer guy

what no whip marks on the back of the ogre

or bullet holes

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

I like the idea but IMO theres to much blood if it were a Khorn or Khain modal yes,but i’d expect there’d be blood dripping from his mouth as if he’s eating?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well…these Ogres have been fighting all day and have splattered a whole bunch of enemies…and they’re still going! They haven’t had time to eat yet. :smiley:

Fallen246:

I don’t understand how the second ogre has such a red shield on his shoulder, his arm is like clean then the shield’s completely red?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Fallen, I tyhink the shield is meant to be just a red shield, partly because it’s a different shade and also because there’s no splatter around it.