[Archive] An opportunity in the next WF book

Grimstonefire:

So it seems that the next book will be the 3rd battle for blackfire pass.

Well apparently there were hobgoblins fighting in that battle!

The vast majority were O&G of course.

Anyhow, it got me thinking.  Whoever put that throwaway bit in about hobgoblins might have done us a huge favour.

If we could convince WF to create rules for Sneaky Gits for example (no models expected, just rules).  I really do think we could get something ‘official’ for them.

We would have to find the best way to make contact with them.  Facebook campaign, friend of a friend or letter delivered to them in person etc. The book is not due to be out until Nov at the soonest I think.

Thoughts?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Sounds awesome! …bring out the Gits!

It will be nice to play with my Chaos Dwarfs again!

ryanamandaanna:

I’m down for whatever you guys come up with! :smiley:

Thommy H:

There are already rules for Sneaky Gitz: they’re Hobgoblin Cutthroats with additional hand weapons. What did you think the Backstabbers rule was intended to represent?

Grimstonefire:

Hobgoblins in general? Hence why the wolf riders have a toned down version vaguely similar.

Something like poisoned weapons or scout would be more appropriate I think.

Thommy H:

Hobgoblins never had an option for additional hand weapons before. Sneaky Gitz have been rolled into Backstabbers. If you want to give them their own rules that badly, +1 point/model for Poisoned Attacks on Backstabbers should do it. I wouldn’t have thought Forge World would bother making a whole new unit just for that though.

saearath:

Why not have sneaky gits as an addition to cutthroats, in the same way as night goblins get fanatics? This way we get that little tidbit we want and FW can make a few models if they desire, without the need for a whole new unit concept.

KramDratta:

Count me in for this as well…

Thommy H:

Porting over the Goblin Nasty Skulkers rules might make a bit more sense, yeah.

Ender SpiteSworn:

Not that I wouldn’t want them, and I know this has been brought up before. But forgeworld would have a hard time making a cost (real money) effective block of troops that are 4pts a model, or so. I think there is some (slight) hope with wolf riders. But I wam willing to bet money they won’t be producing any rank and file models for this book (O and, dwarf, or empire), just large monsters and warmachines, maybe a hero or two.

I suppose we could get a hobgoblin Khan model… that would be pretty sweet actually.

KramDratta:

Hobgoblin Bolt Throwers?? :wink: