[Archive] And you never saw it coming, Cryonicleech's plunge into CD

Cryonicleech:

MWAHAHAHAHAHA! Tremble mortals and despair! short evil dwarves with beards and funny hats descend upon you!!!

That aside, I’ve finally decided with the help of this forum to energize the one army that this site is so awesomely dedicated to.

Empire

Just Kidding, but yes, I have decided to start building up a Chaos Dwarf Army of evil proportions. I’ve been here for a while now and if I don’t show ANY Chaos Dwarfs at all it seems kinda like a waste, don’t it?

anyways, here’s the question part.

Should I start out with a Dwarf Battalion, or Skull Pass (which I already have by the way)

so prepare for some short and evil stunties arriving near you…

wallacer:

Depends on what kind of budget you’re working with.

The stuff in the Dwarf battalion is probably easier to convert, but if cost is an issue go with the BfSP box.

Cryonicleech:

Hmmm, good point Wallacer.

Cost isn’t too much of an issue, but Skull Pass seems like it can give me more base material to work with. (I can use all the stuff in there plus I have 8 CD Warriors whom I can add to the unit of 12. Plus a plastic hero is nice to convert and although the Chaos Dwarf Hero from Avatars of War is quite nice I don’t think it suits my taste. Plus it give me more money to buy other stuff.

tetnis:

Well if you already have Battle for Scull Pass wouldn’t it make sense to start there? :slight_smile:

Cryonicleech:

Yes, but the problem there tetnis is that my brother uses the Dwarfs from Skull Pass…so…eh…

Swissdictator:

Look at Xander’s conversion videos in the conversion section!

Once you’re done, they’ll look very different!

Cryonicleech:

I was actually planning that swiss! Just me sitting in front of the computer trying to convert some horrible looking dwarfs to even more horrible looking chaos dwarfs (it’s my skill with GS that sucks :p) but anyway next question

Does anyone know where I can get a plastic Juggernaut of Khorne??? Gonna use it as a Cheap-o Great Taurus eventually

Ubertechie:

As far as i know there is no plastic juggernaught of Khorne they are all metal - another alternative is the wood elf great stag. If you can hunt ebay and like the big-hat look there are usually some good deals to be had - marauder chaos dwarfs tend to be a lot more expensive

cheers

ubertechie

Kera foehunter:

can’t wait to see them !!! hurry !!cyronicleech

clam:

Looking forward to see how it turns out, Threaded Mode | Linear Mode And you never saw it coming, Cryonicleech.

I can’t recall a plastic version of a Khorne Juggernaut - those I know of are all metal - but is this a problem?

Obsidian:

Definitly no plastic Khorne Juggernaut out there, atleast not from GW! :wink:

Hope to see piccies soon! :cheers:

starscream:

nope no placcy jugger. If you take a butchers at my army blog though you’ll see a taurus made from a stag. To be honest though by the time you bought all the bitz you could probably buy a taurus from ebay.

I say go big hat! - theres not enough people doing big hats anymore…grumble, wasnt like this in my day… I remember when there was none of this skull pass lah-de-dah, why I was talking earlier…

WILLMARK:

Aye, very passable, that, very passable big hat.

STARSCREAM:

Nothing like a good big hat, eh Willmark?

SUPERFELLA:

You’re right there, Starscream

PYRO:

Who’d have thought thirty year ago we’d all be sittin’ here with a chaos dwarf army each, eh?

WILLMARK:

In them days we was glad to have the price of a space marine.

STARSCREAM:

A plastic space marine.

PYRO:

Without weapon options.

SUPERFELLA:

Or weapons.

WILLMARK:

In a broken box, an’ all.

PYRO:

Oh, we never had a box. We used to have to carry them in a rolled up newspaper.

STARSCREAM:

The best we could manage was to wrap them with a piece of damp cloth.

SUPERFELLA:

But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.

WILLMARK:

Because we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, “Money doesn’t buy you happiness, son”.

PYRO:

Aye, ‘e was right.

WILLMARK:

Aye, ‘e was.

PYRO:

I was happier then and I had nothin’. We used to game in this tiny old house with great big holes in the roof.

STARSCREAM:

House! You were lucky to game in a house! We used to game in one room, all twenty-six of us, no scenery, ‘alf the dice was missing, and we were all ‘uddled together in one corner for fear of failng armour saves.

SUPERFELLA:

Eh, you were lucky to have a room! We used to have to game in t’ corridor!

WILLMARK:

Oh, we used to dream of gamin’ in a corridor! Would ha’ been a palace to us. We used to game in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woke up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House? Huh.

PYRO:

Well, when I say ‘house’ it was only a hole in the ground covered by a sheet of tarpaulin, but it was a house to us.

STARSCREAM:

We were evicted from our ‘ole in the ground; we ‘ad to go and game in a lake.

SUPERFELLA:

You were lucky to have a lake! There were a hundred and fifty of us gaming in t’ shoebox in t’ middle o’ road.

WILLMARK:

Cardboard box?

SUPERFELLA:

Aye.

WILLMARK:

You were lucky. We gamed for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t’ mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi’ his belt.

STARSCREAM:

Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o’clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of ‘ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!

SUPERFELLA:

Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to ‘ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o’clock at night and lick road clean wit’ tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit’ bread knife.

PYRO:

Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o’clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

WILLMARK:

And you try and tell the young people of today that … they won’t believe you.

ALL:

They won’t!

superfella:

how much ale had we drunk that night…?

man i must have been wasted… i dont remember meeting willmark & pyro!

Swissdictator:

I’d go hats too, but then I’m a fan of them. :hat

Cheap ways of doing hats: Rubber well nuts (what I used), you may have to check on size before you buy a ton of them, but you’d be looking at dropping $12-15 for enough for your army. Not expensive.

Then there’s the tack method, which (in my opinion) needs a little bit of decoration or the right color to look good. Though if you pull it off it looks a lot better then the method I used.

Filipicusius:

Hrrm, i will watch you closely…

What could you be up to now?

Ghrask Dragh:

@starscream: If I could sig that I would :smiley: brilliant :cheers

Kera foehunter:

you can tell they where guys !!! No one they talk about there nice outfits or how nice they looked he he

Swissdictator:

you can tell they where guys !!! No one they talk about there nice outfits or how nice they looked he he

Kera foehunter
Men don't wear outfits, we wear clothes. We don't look nice, we just try to be comfortable and clean. :P

Cryonicleech:

I’ve decided something evil.

I’m going to make my CD warriors with…HATS! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

so any suggestions? post them in my new thread in the Ideas and Advice forum…

theimmortal:

nope no placcy jugger. If you take a butchers at my army blog though you'll see a taurus made from a stag. To be honest though by the time you bought all the bitz you could probably buy a taurus from ebay.

I say go big hat! - theres not enough people doing big hats anymore...grumble, wasnt like this in my day.... I remember when there was none of this skull pass lah-de-dah, why I was talking earlier...

WILLMARK:
Aye, very passable, that, very passable big hat.

STARSCREAM:
Nothing like a good big hat, eh Willmark?

SUPERFELLA:
You're right there, Starscream

PYRO:
Who'd have thought thirty year ago we'd all be sittin' here with a chaos dwarf army each, eh?

WILLMARK:
In them days we was glad to have the price of a space marine.

STARSCREAM:
A plastic space marine.

PYRO:
Without weapon options.

SUPERFELLA:
Or weapons.

WILLMARK:
In a broken box, an' all.

PYRO:
Oh, we never had a box. We used to have to carry them in a rolled up newspaper.

STARSCREAM:
The best we could manage was to wrap them with a piece of damp cloth.

SUPERFELLA:
But you know, we were happy in those days, though we were poor.

WILLMARK:
Because we were poor. My old Dad used to say to me, "Money doesn't buy you happiness, son".

PYRO:
Aye, 'e was right.

WILLMARK:
Aye, 'e was.

PYRO:
I was happier then and I had nothin'. We used to game in this tiny old house with great big holes in the roof.

STARSCREAM:
House! You were lucky to game in a house! We used to game in one room, all twenty-six of us, no scenery, 'alf the dice was missing, and we were all 'uddled together in one corner for fear of failng armour saves.

SUPERFELLA:
Eh, you were lucky to have a room! We used to have to game in t' corridor!

WILLMARK:
Oh, we used to dream of gamin' in a corridor! Would ha' been a palace to us. We used to game in an old water tank on a rubbish tip. We got woke up every morning by having a load of rotting fish dumped all over us! House? Huh.

PYRO:
Well, when I say 'house' it was only a hole in the ground covered by a sheet of tarpaulin, but it was a house to us.

STARSCREAM:
We were evicted from our 'ole in the ground; we 'ad to go and game in a lake.

SUPERFELLA:
You were lucky to have a lake! There were a hundred and fifty of us gaming in t' shoebox in t' middle o' road.

WILLMARK:
Cardboard box?

SUPERFELLA:
Aye.

WILLMARK:
You were lucky. We gamed for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

STARSCREAM:
Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!

SUPERFELLA:
Well, of course, we had it tough. We used to 'ave to get up out of shoebox at twelve o'clock at night and lick road clean wit' tongue. We had two bits of cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at mill for sixpence every four years, and when we got home our Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife.

PYRO:
Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

WILLMARK:
And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.

ALL:
They won't!

starscream
that has to be the best post i have ever read, ok most of its monty python but still, thanks for the smile

but i converted mine from dwarf warriors n chaos warriors, i have been a little hesitant to post pictures
im a hat fan and i have at least 3 units of the old CD with hats
i also converted a sorccer and hero

:hat off that's for making me laugh, if only i could nominate best post it would win hands down