[Archive] Angryboy2k's Rykarth the Unbreakable

angryboy2k:

Well all the green things died,

When Rykarth came to this place…

I finally got it finished. Like all conversions and paintjobs, there are plenty of things I’d change if I could do it again. But for now, I’m satisfied with it and stylistically it really fits in with my other converted CD troopers. Actually fitting in the movement tray and ranking up is another problem entirely.

Hope the pictures come out in this post - it’s my first time (he said a little nervously), and I hope you enjoy looking at the figure as much as I enjoyed making it.

Eventually I will add to this thread with some of my other CD figs.

Cheers,

Steve

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looks cool. What parts did you use?

dedwrekka:

:0

The White Dwarf!

:0

angryboy2k:

Pieces I used:

The White Dwarf’s body

The White Dwarf’s head (without beard)

A spike from a Chaos vehicle spiky collar

Skull pile from the Hellcannon cut in half

A plastic skull from a Chaos Marauder banner (it’s in the skull pile)

Chaos Marauder head

Chaos Warrior hand & axe

I made the beard in two layers (yes, it was planned that way). You can’t really see much of the lower layer but it’s there and it bulks out the upper layer very nicely.

I used a mix of greenstuff and brownstuff for most of the sculpting, except the chaos warrior’s neck and some of the skull pile (greenstuff) and the spikes on his beard (brownstuff).

Looking at it on my desk I’m quite happy with it. I think the miniature looks better in real life than it does in these photographs, but oh well.

Cheers,

Steve

AGPO:

It looks more than good enough in the pic my frined, excellent work!

Revlid:

Very nice indeed! You have my vote, without a doubt!

Xander:

Awesome my friend, simply awesome. I was going to use that model as well, like I said, hehe.

Hashut’s Blessing:

It looks awesome! I DID think it was based on the White Dwarf, but wasn’t sure.

Arashi:

Wow, incredible! And I�m happy that someone is finished with his contribution to the GH2!

Just 2 things:

- You should have covered the dwarf symbols of his belt and made them i.e. to skulls, like you did in the center of the belt.

- Personally, I would have painted the mask in bronze or gold, but that�s just me…

The Flying Beaver:

That looks wicked Angryboy! I’m now a little nervous about my yet-to-be-photographed entry’s fate in the contest…

angryboy2k:

Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement! It really keeps me motivated to work on the rest of my CDs (which are coming along slowly but surely).

I can’t wait to see everyone else’s entries for this contest; I think we’ll really grab GW’s attention.

Awesome my friend, simply awesome.��I was going to use that model as well, like I said, hehe.

Xander
Does that mean you changed your mind? Are you still going to use the White Dwarf in a future conversion?
Just 2 things:

- You should have covered the dwarf symbols of his belt and made them i.e. to skulls, like you did in the center of the belt.

- Personally, I would have painted the mask in bronze or gold, but that�s just me…

Arashi
The center symbol of his belt HAD to be covered, because it was a big ugly dwarf face, but the other symbols are more geometric in nature and I felt they would be less obvious. More importantly, I didn’t feel confident I could make them look better by covering them up.

In a related vein, I had to get rid of the giant runic symbol on the back of his cloak, but I didn’t want to get rid of the (distinctly dwarfish) edging to his cloak.

I wasn’t sure what color to paint the mask, to be honest. I went with silver for two reasons: there’s already a lot of gold on him, and the other guys in his unit have silver face masks. Gold could well have looked better in the end but I’ll probably not go back to this one now, other than to varnish it with a couple of other figs.

Steve

torn:

I really like this dude. I picked up the 30th anniversary boxed set and im now wondering how best to make three chaos dwarf heroes/sorcerers from that box!

AGPO:

I’m probablly going to keep mine as they white dwarf as I really like the model, but I may start work on giving my lord Karbold some shieldbearers. I think I’d base them on Immortals and then stick them in an Immortals unit once I get round to converting them.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Whoa that is a phantastic model. Very nice conversion, and I really like the combination of gold and red. All my slaves have herewith been ordered to applaud you! :slight_smile:

hal:

Nice work, I don’t think I’ve seen this new white dwraf model.

The Slaver:

Very nice, i really like the model.

Ghrask Dragh:

Thats a great mini!!!

its the first entry i’ve seen for this competition and it’s going to be hard to beat, looking forward to seeing the rest!

Are you converting the Bugman and Gotrek minis aswell?

angryboy2k:

I’m sure my figure will be far from the best entered into this competition, there are bound to be many great figures and I’m looking forward to seeing them all.

Gotrek’s already been turned into a bull centaur, though he’s not finished yet. There’ll be pics as soon as I’m finished with the greenstuff work. I don’t have any ideas for Bugman; hopefully someone else’s Rykarth will give me inspiration.

Steve

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, you have one competitor more now, as I managed to finish painting mine today! Uploading (slowly) as I type!

angryboy2k:

I just PM’ed you actually, lol!

Steve