[Archive] ANNOUNCING:The next INDY GT book-call for modelers/illustrators

Piccolo:

If 40mm... The only 2 options are sculpt from scratch, or use the scarce and expensive original mis-sculpt models.

Also... why make the rules based on a mistake? I don't understand.

CheTralfara
from what ive seen the bogs are quite large models and might look nice on a 40mm base (and easier to line up)

well as to the mistake, it might have started out as one but games-workshop decided to release the models and the 40mm bases are even mentioned in the armybook. So starting out as a mistake it became official in the end anyway.

also, when fimir ended up on larger bases their stats were adjusted accordingly to their new size, they got more wounds, attacks, toughness etc.

mattbird:

Heya, can you drop me a PM with your email address? I’ll add you to the modeling team list.

Rat Ogres and Cold Ones heads would definitely be ideal for the big ones, thanks for the tips!

When you can, please gimme a heads up on unit types w/ base sizes and how they are equiped…

otherwise I might have to re-equip my warriors afterwards…

So far I’m going to equip my units as if they were beasts of chaos (minus any spears and shields… just belly shields on some)

CheTralfara

Willmark:

Wonder if GW is taking notice that there is a growing demand for other armies… Knowing them probably not.

mattbird:

meh, who needs 'em?

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Father Grumpmas:

Hi all; yeah, looks to be 3 books total, themed by geography.

Agpo- We'd prefer they be based off of GW models, though there may be exceptions.

mattbird
Any chance that Zombie Pirates might make these books :yar

mattbird:

Hi, no zombie pirates are in the plans, sorry.

So- The first of the playtest lists�?“Fimir�?” will be published exclusively in Tales of Battle issue 6, now at the printers. You can order a copy, or a subscription at talesofbattle.com

Issue 7 will feature Halflings, followed by everyone’s favorite Fishmen army in issue 8: The Merr.

So go subscribe! The magazine is well worth the money.

The final army lists will be published in a pdf book at the end of the year, which will be a free download.

Gar Shadowfame:

Uuuu, now there is something i dont approve.

When you made a fan made product to a good standard i admired the creators.

But now you are trying to sell something that doesnt belong to you. I apreciate that there is a magazin but if you are publishing an army concept (Fimir) for warhammer without GW approval and reccomend us to buy a magazine that containts it i call it cheap move.

I think a lot of people would appreciate you edit your post Matt.

mattbird:

Gar Shadowfame:

Writing an article about hobby is different that publishing an actual army list in paid-for magazine.

Even if you allow it for free at later date, between time of publication and that point there will be people benefitting from GW intelectual property for example through increased sales, or through not losing the sales.

I have nothing but your word that GW allows this, and i have GW product license avaiable on their website against it.

Thorne:

I could probably knock up a few amazons no pun intended

mattbird:

Hi, I appreciate your viewpoint, but I have no interest in getting into a debate over what content is allowable in fan publications, either those for sale or those that are free. I have spent the better part of a year dealing with just these issues already. :slight_smile:

I assume you do not work for GW or speak on their behalf in an official capacity?

In any case, doing it in this fashion is the only way it was able to happen from a free time perspective. I have prior obligations to Tales of Battle, and without somehow combining the 2 projects, these new fan lists would not have been possible.

If you have no interest in Tales of Battle magazine, don’t buy it! The publishers, writers, artists, etc. make no profit off of it. We do it for the love of the hobby. 100% of the subscription fee goes to printing and mailing each issue.

If you are dead set against buying the mag, but really, really want the test list, send me a PM and I will forward you a copy of the test list. It’s not a big deal. But we do need to maintain subscription rates to keep the magazine going.

regards

Matt

Writing an article about hobby is different that publishing an actual army list in paid-for magazine.

Even if you allow it for free at later date, between time of publication and that point there will be people benefitting from GW intelectual property for example through increased sales, or through not losing the sales.

I have nothing but your word that GW allows this, and i have GW product license avaiable on their website against it.

Gar Shadowfame

mattbird:

Thorne
cool! Amazons will be in Book 3, in 2012 :o

send me a PM with your email info, and I will add you to the creative team.

thanks
M

Gar Shadowfame:

I have nothing against the idea, i was only worried because GW tends to be lenient about lots of stuff, but rules were the part they for some inconcivable by me reason were very strick about.

I am looking forward to effects of your work hoping it will be same quality as CDbook, which was great.

Method:

Thorne
cool! Amazons will be in Book 3, in 2012 :o

send me a PM with your email info, and I will add you to the creative team.

thanks
M

mattbird
Matt,
what about the Hobgoblin hordes?
Jerry

Baggronor:

Matt,
Jerry
I believe the Mongoblin hordes, Cathay and Nippon are still slated for book 2 or thereabouts. I'm still keen on being involved with the Nippon list in a big way btw :)

mattbird:

Matt,
Jerry
I believe the Mongoblin hordes, Cathay and Nippon are still slated for book 2 or thereabouts. I'm still keen on being involved with the Nippon list in a big way btw :)

Baggronor
yup! exactly that. When Jarrett and Kevin get me something on Nippon, I'll send it your way for input. Right now we are focused on fleshing out The Merr (Fishmen) which may be my favorite so far. So much that I am doing an entire army of them. :)

mattbird:

I have nothing against the idea, i was only worried because GW  tends to be lenient about lots of stuff, but rules were the part they for some inconcivable by me reason were very strick about.
I am looking forward to effects of your work hoping it will be same quality as CDbook, which was great.

Gar Shadowfame
thanks! :hat off

Scion:

I’d love to be a part of it :), I missed teh Indy GT and would be happy to write pretty much anything you want me too.

Method:

Well, Do’t forget about me for the monogoblin hordes Matt!!

I have been looking for an excuse to use my degree in central asian studies my entire life!!

In all seriousness, I got ideas, let me know.

Thanks

Jerry

Uzkul Werit:

Halflings? Epic! My 60 strong Halfling horde now have a point in life!