[Archive] Another cause we might want to get behind

Thommy H:

Kind of anyway. Heresy Miniatures is running a sculpting competition wherein the three winners (as voted by the general public) will get cast and sold by Heresy. Now, the relevant part for us is that one of the entries is this:

http://www.heresyminiatures.com/images/hereticsball2008/brad_shier/1sm.jpg

Now, I actually don’t think it’s the best entry (other entries here), but it’s obviously a great figure for Chaos Dwarf collectors, particularly the 3rd Edition range fans amongst us.

Anyway, if it’s one of the winners, it’ll be up for sale, so if you want it, get voting!

Baggronor:

The dude on the right with the hat is awesome. Looks like he’s about to mischievously light the fuse while his mates stood in front of it. :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Wait I think I’ve seen something similar to this before??? I agree maybe not the best model but the inspiration is there.

Ghrask Dragh:

I really like the guy on the left with the cannon ball, freakishly good :hat off

The Dark Dwarf drone at the bottom of the page looks cool aswell, which one to go for?

clam:

I’m not that fond of the ‘Siege Cannon’ itself - but I love the crew - especially the loader on the left. So they can have my vote :slight_smile:

WarplockMonkey:

Has it occured only to me, but that cannon is blasting flaming iron balls out of the creatures backside

Probably just me and my childish ways :stuck_out_tongue:

Still a great cannon though, but i do think it should have been made the other way round :stuck_out_tongue:

- Warplock

two_heads_talking:

that’s exactly what it is doing… check out the bends in the legs, and the face of the creature. Talk about a bad case of gas…:o

Has it occured only to me, but that cannon is blasting flaming iron balls out of the creatures backside

Probably just me and my childish ways :stuck_out_tongue:

Still a great cannon though, but i do think it should have been made the other way round :stuck_out_tongue:

- Warplock

WarplockMonkey

Kera foehunter:

that’s a cool cannon !!! but im not remove the canonball in a miss fire!!!

great find Tommy H.

wallacer:

I think the old Chaos Siege cannon, which this seems to be modelled on, fired shots out it’s backside as well.

It’s not a bad sculpt, but I’m not sure if i’d rush to buy it if Heresy did cast it.

Sojourn:

whoa. hold up. did you and Father Grumpas conspire and decide to post the pic the same day? 'cause I swear, I just commented on his post… weirded out

Skyefire:

Eh… I like the cannon more than most of the others actually. And it’s silly, so, bonus points (would make a really deadly earthshaker, hehe)

Grimstonefire:

I love the halfling knight, ogre and wraith.  That halfling is so cute!

The cannon thing?  Not so much.

The Dark Dwarf Drone looks a little like its wearing Mk 3 power armour

wallacer:

I thought the Wraith was the best one there, although the halfling Knight is pretty neat too.

Auretious Taak:

Has it occured only to me, but that cannon is blasting flaming iron balls out of the creatures backside...

Probably just me and my childish ways :P

Still a great cannon though, but i do think it should have been made the other way round :P

- Warplock

WarplockMonkey
Oh yes, that is brilliant, didn't quite get it at first but damned amusing!
Good to see some sculptors haave a sense of twisted humour. :)

Auretious Taak.

clam:

As Wallacer said it’s based on the old Chaos Siege Cannon

And Craig Stocks’ painted one

As you can see the backside firing idea isn’t ‘new’ :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

thanks clam for the picture!! cool canon

Auretious Taak:

Somehow I forsee a law suit waiting to happen if that guy gets his model made, the dwarfs are too similar for a start. The old school chaos cannon is impressive, kind of sick, but impressive regardless. :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

I was going to say to wallacer that I’m pretty sure it did, but clam managed to prove it first :stuck_out_tongue: It seems to be based on the Chaos Siege Cannon (that was even more rare) and the crewman on the right is almost exaclty the same as one of the swivel gun crew.