[Archive] Another one joins the ranks

Sharkboy:

Hi, I’m Sharkboy :hat off, you may have come across me on ebay hijacking my partners account (kathrynsamson).
As I’m in my mid 30s I’ve been collecting for about 20 of them (historical/fantasy),
family and time have forced me to downsize, but my chaos dwarves have demanded that they stay and that they’re numbers should be increased. They were used in the second edition of Warhammer when armies could be mixed together, I had Orc, Undead, Skaven and CDs all fighting together. So a classic force it will be along the lines of ‘Vintagephreaks’ army, (hat’s off to your Juggernaut). I also collected a large Mid-Nor dwarf army for Confrontation but they are going the GW route with army books and the like, in the reshuffle Mid-Nor will not get an army book, will have to survive on the odd miniature release and whatever rules get thrown to them, history repeats itself.
Enough ranting, back to painting and soon I’ll post some pics.
:cheers
Simon.
Also I should have posted in the new members area. (Late night posting is never a good idea).

Repone:

I also collected a large Mid-Nor dwarf army for Confrontation but they are going the GW route with army books and the like, in the reshuffle Mid-Nor will not get an army book, will have to survive on the odd miniature release and whatever rules get thrown to them, history repeats itself.
In my arms, brother!

furrie:

welcome

Steven:

Welcome!

Viskar Zhragoth:

Welcome to another new member. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything here, I now I am…

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

ahhh your the one whos been buying all the cool ebay stuff recently :slight_smile:

welcome to the site and have a good time

Sharkboy:

ahhh your the one whos been buying all the cool ebay stuff recently :slight_smile:

welcome to the site and have a good time

[/quote]

It’s cost me an arm and a leg to do though. Past memories of holding a Whirlwind and Tenderizer but deciding I needed more Skaven, painful.

AGPO:

Ouch now thats gotta hurt. I never sell old minis for that exact reason. Sadly I have nothing as classic as your collection in storage but I’m certainly never gonna rue the day I sold my Valten on Foot if I can help it.

Welcome to the site. I love third ed stuff (can you tell ;)) Hope you can post pictures soon

Kera foehunter:

Welcome Shark boy !! i hope your bark is better than your bite!!

WarplockMonkey:

Welcome Shark boy !! i hope your bark is better than your bite!!

Kera Foehunter
Ooooh Kera that was bad....

But yeah, welcome to the site!

After a while your beard will start to curl, and you will have a tendancy to wear large extravigant hats!

Don't say i didn't warn you!

Canix:

Welcome Sharkboy ,AHHH your the one winning all the stuff .Good to hear your a Avid collector and i love the collection

I too have masses that i have stripped and am painting (takes me ages though) good luck:hat