[Archive] Anyone else considering swapping to 40k?

Doombeard:

I would love to buy a Warlord titan, x2 warhounds, a Reaver, some super heavy tanks and a couple Leman Russ legions, some Basilisks and a legion of DKK or similar IG. If I sold all my CD stuff I could easily afford it I reckon…

Or then again I could save the money for my future unborn childrens education costs . Wait nah thats a dumb idea =)

Hunter:

Much as I like the look of 40k Orks (they seem like the only “fun” faction), the game itself has never appealed to me. I was only ever into playing Fantasy. These days I play Bushido, Warmahordes, Blood Bowl and Space Hulk. If I had the time, money and energy to pick up another wargame, Kings of War would be my #1 choice.

Jackswift:

I haven’t actually played a game of WHFB in 8+ years, and my last WH40k game was probably 2-3 years ago. I don’t play often enough to keep up with the new versions, and the complexity and massive number of different and varied rules for each army make it very difficult just pick up a game now and then.

Due to reduced complexity and faster play, my gaming group has graduated to Kings of War and Warpath. Both have a far less complex rule system that allows form much faster play. There isn’t quite the depth of strategy involved, but you can walk a 3K point equivalent army across the board and finish a game in 2-4 hours which satisfies my large scale gaming urges well.

We use a wide array of models from multiple manufacturers (essentially whatever models we actually like) for our armies (while my CD army is being tooled up, I am currently playing warpath with a mix of Clan War, Chronopia, WHFB, and Confrontation models). We can find very suitable units in the rulesets for most of what we have. We’ve even house ruled Titans and super heavy tanks for Warpath (though the current version needs some further tweaking). I love the models but seldom got them on the table with 40K. I still have collections of GW and FW models that I use, and more models that I am working on which will probably never see a WHFB or WH40K game.

Timothy Archer:

i have never played 40k since …more than ten years

but i was thinking about making a chaos squats army one day…

Dînadan:

i have never played 40k since ..........more than ten years

but i was thinking about making a chaos squats army one day.........

Timothy Archer
Better jump in on the Warpath Kickstarter then and snap up some Forgefathers then ;)

moogoodoo:

i actually am thinking this. I thinking I’ll finish doing a chaos dwarf army in aos useing black orks an that to make an old school/new list. After that though im thinking chaos space marines but I’ve never played 40k so dont know where to start. Aint it for kids? ;p

TheHoodedMan:

This was one of my thoughts to create a 40k force as backup. At least there should be some players. So I built a small Mechanicum army.

But I wouldnt call this "swapping" because it is just an additional option, like Kings of War. Dont plan to give up my Chaos Dwarfs nor one of my other fantasy armies - in fact at the moment I`m more motivated than ever to work at my WHFB armies and there are still enough playing opportunities.