[Archive] anyone know who made this?

hashuts lil helper:

ebay

http://tinyurl.com/65g4dm

cornixt:

It’s not GW. Looks a bit familiar but I can’t place it.

minty:

It is GW, it’s not citadel

It’s made by the company that GW used to make there figures before they got a contract with Citadel. I don’t like that model at all, meself

Sousunou:

looks like a marauder (old gw to those in the know) mini, sure i have seen one before, but i have to agree with minty, i do not like it at all

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’m pretty sure it’s the Chaos Siege Cannon from Marauder, but don’t quote me on that.

Viskar Zhragoth:

Is that the old dwarf diorama canon? DS1 I think? not sure. Just wondering.

TheVoice:

It doesn’t look like the Seige Gun models I’ve seen.

hashuts lil helper:

It isn’t the chaos seige gun as this is the pic of that seige gun
that was made by nick lund and his wholly owned subsidiary chronicle mini’s.

that could be what minty was talking about. chronicle was its own company before GW bought them, but that was long after citadel mini’s was formed.

I saw the dwarf cannon diorama on ebay once and I’m pretty sure it didn’t look like this. But maybe?

hashuts lil helper:

thanks to Kev at stunties.com who furnished me with this

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o48/allanmcnab/C1603.jpg

hashuts lil helper:

I realize that probably no one cares, but apparently it was also made by Grenadier, possibly with different crew.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Now that you’ve mentioned it, hashuts lil helper, it was created by Greandier. It appears that this “MetalMagic Miniaturen” has been selling it, probably for them, like wargamestores.com sells some WH stuff.

wallacer:

I believe that after Grenadier went under, other companies began releasing some of their miniatures (presumably under licence).

I guess Metal Magic Miniaturen must be one of them.

hashuts lil helper:

Now that you've mentioned it, hashuts lil helper, it was created by Greandier. It appears that this "MetalMagic Miniaturen" has been selling it, probably for them, like wargamestores.com sells some WH stuff.

Hashut's Blessing
The markings on mine say HP 88 (which I've been told is Hobby products with a JO mark (Joseph Ochman)one of their sculpters. The pic of the grenadier one I saw also had an 1988 date on it. seems like it was produced by both at the same time much like citadel/ralpartha/rafm stuff to avoid tarriffs