[Archive] anyone played songs of drumbs and shakos

richard barby:

i got the rules for this from a friend the other day its starting to take off at our club 4 players already and im having my first game in a few days. its a napolionic historical with around 10 figurs each

i got the whole first ed rules (there is an expansion) rules and army lists 36 pages all up im not used to this after 600 + for just the watrhammer rules

G.2:

I have “Songs of our ancestors”, which uses the same game mechanics but it is not set in Napoleonic times. It us all about the Quar.

richard barby:

im playing my brother at it today hes only 12 but has never lost any wargame he does the right think sometimes with out knowing it or just pulls the right dice out of his backside

richard barby:

i got the rules for this from a friend the other day its starting to take off at our club 4 players already and im having my first game in a few days. its a napolionic historical with around 10 figurs each

i got the whole first ed rules (there is an expansion) rules and army lists 36 pages all up im not used to this after 600 + for just the watrhammer rules

G.2:

I have “Songs of our ancestors”, which uses the same game mechanics but it is not set in Napoleonic times. It us all about the Quar.

richard barby:

im playing my brother at it today hes only 12 but has never lost any wargame he does the right think sometimes with out knowing it or just pulls the right dice out of his backside

richard barby:

had 2 games now of songs

first one the rifles made it look like a sharpe movie hammering the frogs

2nd one the french had about ground down the british when we had to call time on the game its been very fast paced and and good break from warhammer

AGPO:

I’ve played a few of their rules sets, although I’ve yet to try Drums and Shakos. I’d be interested to hear more, as I’ve always wanted to build a small force of Perry Minis’ Napoleonic stuff, but don’t have the time or funds to build a proper army.

vulcanologist:

Me too.

Sounds interesting!

richard barby:

perry mins are cheep when you compare with gw im not sure where they sit with other ranges

my christmas wish list that may get over ruled as i want to buy a house is to pick up 4 boxes of the 40 lin infantry and use as empire i have always wanted a napolionic warhammer army since day 1 of playing line infantry used as halberds and handgunners as a core

Anyway songs it very qucik with the turns and turn overs fail some dice rolls and you turn over it makes for some intersting decisions when thinking what unit to use and what order