[Archive] [AoS] new terrain released

Dînadan:

The new terrain is out.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Scenery?N=102298+4294967192&Nu=product.repositoryId&qty=12&sorting=phl&view=table&categoryId=cat440142a-flat&_requestid=1669829

The Ophidian Archway is £25 and the Baleful Realmgates are £35 for two gates. There’s also a package deal for two Archways and a Realmgates set for…drumroll…£85! Netting you a grand saving of zero pounds. :stuck_out_tongue:

Abecedar:

Pretty standard maths for GW. They don’t believe in bulk buying bargains or a savings incentive for any prospective customers

Dînadan:

Pretty standard maths for GW. They don't believe in bulk buying bargains or a savings incentive for any prospective customers

Abecedar
Yep. All they see is that bargains/deals will net them less per unit and are oblivious to the fact that they're more likely to net them more money overall.

For example, if they did a buy two get one free on 'regiment' boxes, then yeah, instead of making say twelve pounds per box they'd only make eight per box, but at least they'd be making sixteen pounds they probably wouldn't have. Remember one of the criticisms about Fantasy was that the entry level was too high; such a three for two deal would have lowered the entry level and made people more willing to bite (and those who already have an army more likely to take the plunge into a second/third/etc army). Or for 40k they could have buy a unit and get a (rhino-level) transport half price if bought at the same time, or buy two unit boxes and get the transport free, etc. Blister packs (back when elite units came as metals in blisters) could have been priced at £6 each with a two for £10 deal. And so on.

Wouldn't be surprised if the doesn't-save-you-anything bundles they've produced over the last few years are a scam by their website and graphic design departments to make more money for themselves - after all, programming the webpage for the bundle and compositing the image to show what you're getting has to be done by someone. :P

fued:

I want one of those realm gates for a display board…

Dînadan:

More new terrain sighted:

http://www.beastsofwar.com/age-of-sigmar/terrain-coming-week-age-sigmar/

Timothy Archer:

hose flamming pillars look really interesting for me…

Zanko:

Looks quite interesting! :o

It would be cool to see pics of the new terrain together with some old miniatures.

So if anyone buys the terrain some photos would be great! :cheers

:hashut

Admiral:

Best WHFB terrain so far. Most useful and appealing to the eye.

@Zanko: I’m sure they’ll look good next to old miniatures. If nothing else, your collection is proof that a coherent painting style will bind together the most diverse minis from different ages! :wink:

Abecedar:

More new terrain sighted:
http://www.beastsofwar.com/age-of-sigmar/terrain-coming-week-age-sigmar/

Dînadan
I saw a shop manager making the one on the left (the round ribbed thing) a week or so ago. It looked nice enough.
The guy was getting a bit frustrated though as he didn't check the joins properly before gluing it. Not all were perfect fits like he expected.

Bassman:

Nice terrain. I like it much more than the first releases.